Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Why not televise Car Audio?

BassiKLowZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why not televise Car Audio?

I have brought this up in other forums, but i was just wondering what opinions i could get from this crew of great people

I was just thinking one day, why dont Car Audio get televised? At one time it was a growing scene for car audio enthousiast, but since just about every city in America has at least 2 or 3 local retailers, i think Car Audio has made its presence known, and has claimed its spot. I for one, would love see some sort of programming covering car audio. I think they would be far more informative then any magazine or message board. Maybe cover shows, do a couple of product reviews and show professional installs. I have heard reasons why it wouldnt work, and they tend to mostly revolve around "What audience will it capture"? but i just wish some one would give it a try.

NIKON is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can Find some on SPEED ch. HI-REV tuners has a little about car audio systems. But that is all I can find.

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Originally posted by NIKON
    you can Find some on SPEED ch. HI-REV tuners has a little about car audio systems. But that is all I can find.
    True, but their coverage is sketchy and uninformed. "Wow, look at this custom fabrication. Very nice. And this one, also very nice. Look, two subwoofers!" Frustratingly slow.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

BassiKLowZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i have seen that show. . . i was thinking more along the lines of something more in depth

khi
    khi is offline Idi Min

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pha sho.....that'd b cool.....anyone here got hooks up with tha TV ppls on speed?

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    here's an idea....anybody got a videocamera and like 40 bucks? public acess baby!!! maybe u could get it on there, and then a network woul;d like it and try and come up with something like it???

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

DiamondAudioFan is offline Superior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    True, but their coverage is sketchy and uninformed. "Wow, look at this custom fabrication. Very nice. And this one, also very nice. Look, two subwoofers!" Frustratingly slow.
    I know.. i wrote an E-Mail to speedvision, and complained about how sucky the hosts were. I'd like to see ugly people that know what they are talkin about, then hot chicks that sound extra stupid.

I'm encouraging as many people as i can to write a negative review about the show, and try to get new, well informed hosts.

Plus the Name just pisses me off.... and "in-focus" i mean come on, we all know that the ford focus is poopola compared to other imports.

--Greg

Corsica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry but focus is a fun as f*** car man. U ever driven one? have tha SE edition sitting in tha 2nd drive (granted its mom's but hey i drive it when i go looking for girls) and it flys for a 4banger. I think for being on a governetr cause its leased and hitting 115 is nice to me. To u too?

J

"A man doesnt win a war by dying for his country. He does it by making the other poor dumb son of a beyotch die for his." Patton

No system installed, but getting all the parts together.

J

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've driven in focuses, and they were alright.. i have nothing against them.. but i just don't like a whole section in a show devoted to a friggin Ford Focus, with all sony X-Plod crap in it, or other main manufacturers that stink.

And i said the focus was crud COMPARED to most other imports. It doesn't have half the performance potential of a Celica GT-S, or an Integra GS-R.

--Greg

TheOol is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by DiamondAudioFan
    i've driven in focuses, and they were alright.. i have nothing against them.. but i just don't like a whole section in a show devoted to a friggin Ford Focus, with all sony X-Plod crap in it, or other main manufacturers that stink.

And i said the focus was crud COMPARED to most other imports. It doesn't have half the performance potential of a Celica GT-S, or an Integra GS-R.
    That's an unfair comparison. If you compared an SVT focus to those cars you might get different results. I'm saying the Focus is better, which I don't think it is, but you should at least give it a fair comparison.

EVOECLIPSE is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well if your going to compair the svt focus then you would have to use the integra type r. but telivising car audio might be ok. they could have how-to's and stuff. have some nice project cars. there was an episode of crank and chrome devoted to car audio last sunday or two weeks ago. it was kinda informative to the average joe. but for ppl that want more indepth stuff it was nothing special. but i think someone could get a program of some sort. you would have to make it like "5.0 TV" and do it about car audio. b/c i dont think there is too many people out there that is going to sit down for 30 min to watch a episode of car audio. well of course me and you and everyone here. but there is just not enough audiance for it. but it is worth a shot. and if someone does make a show i would really like to see it, so you would prolly have to send me a tape of it. i know "CARAUDIO.COM" we can start our own show!!!!!!!

03 S-10 xtreme

HEAD UNIT - Kenwood Excelon KDC-X869

4X6'S - Kenwood Excelon KFC-X468c

6.5's - Kenwood Excelon KFC-X168

SUB AMP - JBL BP1200.1

SUB - Kicker Solo Baric S10L7D2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I admit that the focus is a good car, but then again i never said it was a bad car either. I would def. drive the ZX-3. It is a nice lookin car. But, i would rather have a v-tec equipped Integra over it, it is just a better engine.. period. I don't know about the K-20, the new clockwise rotating engine, it hasn't been proven for long miles on a turbocharger yet, so maybe the new Civic Si may be a good choice, along with the RSX Type-S. (can't wait for the type-r... spooge, 240HP.. uuuhhh yea.)

--Greg

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did the 10+ recalls of the Ford Focus fall on deaf ears? Maybe us up here by the motor city were the only ones informed of them each time, lol.

I bet if there was a car audio show companies would have to replace less equipment due to ESO errors. So for them, it would be fun and an investment. But if it ever got popular people would blame every loud stereo in their neighborhood on the show, and would complain to the network.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

TheOol is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by DiamondAudioFan
    I admit that the focus is a good car, but then again i never said it was a bad car either. I would def. drive the ZX-3. It is a nice lookin car. But, i would rather have a v-tec equipped Integra over it, it is just a better engine.. period. I don't know about the K-20, the new clockwise rotating engine, it hasn't been proven for long miles on a turbocharger yet, so maybe the new Civic Si may be a good choice, along with the RSX Type-S. (can't wait for the type-r... spooge, 240HP.. uuuhhh yea.)
    Yeah, the RSX Type R is going to be so ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would love to see how two's and tech questions all that good stuff, but one thing we are forgetting is the sound part. How to reproduce the quality and deep bass of the competitons on TV. The bass wouldnt come through the home speakers and even if it did it wouldnt do justice to the shows. The interest is out there but the big bucks and sponsorship those TV guys look for might not be. Personally i would love to see some on the tv and as for Hi-Rev. I think a minimum requirement should be some working knowledge of an automobile..... i get to sit for 30 minutes and hear "wow look at this civic it has the usual wheels and tires a great paint job and some really neat ground effects. add to this a wopping stereo and its a real heavyweight" i mean comeon i wanna hear what type kit the engine specs or at least what kind of rims the man is rollin. thats jsut me so......

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List