Closed Thread

Reload Thread: looking for a good multi channel amp and components and sub.... please help !!

Jason84 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 looking for a good multi channel amp and components and sub.... please help !!

im looking for some really good sounding components and a nice multi channel amp...

im going for just a good sounding setup (not compeeting or anything) with the use of one amp for everything sub fronts/rears....

also what are some good components?? ive been looking @ the really high end CDTs and focals... what else is out there??? ive heard the really high end focals and they sound pretty good..... also have heard the concepts few guys i know have them and those sound AWSOME!! but ofcourse you cant buy or find them expensive basterds anywhere !!

money isnt to much of an issue i just want a really good sounding system in my car...

also whats a good sub?? was thinking of maybe just going a single 12 or something (trying to keep the weight down its a race car) i had a 10w7 in my car a while back was a bit heavy but was super loud but really didnt impress me much with the sound quality..
    right now ive got 2 of the new premier 10" 90 cheapo subs in there... sounds good but id like to do something a bit smaller maybe..

i use to be into the lets see if we can blow out window sounds.. now i dont really like that to much... i like it to be loud once in a while but not always... just want a really good sound q setup now. something with maybe a little bit more thump

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: looking for a good multi channel amp and components and sub.... please help !!

nobody has some suggestions???

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: looking for a good multi channel amp and components and sub.... please help !!

your w7 didn't have good sq? what kind of box? for an amp i would recommend a PG xenon. i have heard they have corrected there issues with them. they will give you more flexibilty being able to produce the same power at different impedences. i assume you are looking for a 10? maybe a SS rl-i will suit you well. as for components i haven't listened to alot but i have listened/owned cdt's and they are decent but my boston's are much better.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it was in a ported box... those things sound even worse in a sealed box... the excursion is way to high on a W7 to be responsive at all w/o distortion...

and there isnt a zenon multichannel amp... multichannel means 5+ channels front rears and sub all on one amp...

Mackenzie is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason84
    it was in a ported box... those things sound even worse in a sealed box... the excursion is way to high on a W7 to be responsive at all w/o distortion...

and there isnt a zenon multichannel amp... multichannel means 5+ channels front rears and sub all on one amp...

OKLAGMCRUISER is offline Think of abstract thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get a zapco reference series 650.6.

Pat

H/U: Sony CDX-MP80
    Front stage: CDT HD-62EF with image enhancement kit
    Subs: 3--Treo TSX-10
    Front stage amps: 2--MTX 202...one per channel
    Sub amp: Cadence A7-HC
    Equalization: Audio Control 4XS
    Dampening: 3 bulk boxes--Dynamat Extreme
    Alternator: 200a LC Excessive Amperage

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would do a kicker 700.5 unless you plan on needing an *** load of power for a sub/subs then i would do a memphis belle (it does 1100 watts @1ohm on the sub channel) where the kicker does 400ish at 2 ohms. both are 5 channel amps

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

OlogyAudio is offline Audio-Ologist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IDQ 10 is a nice sq sub... sealed or ported...

CDT is nice -- focals are too colored for my ears... not accurate enough -- but people have diffrent tastes... some people dont like accurate sound... Rainbow Platinum is nice -- Boston acoustics Z series is nice... Don't know what your budget is... or car... I'd highly suggest checking out the services I offer in terms of high end components... I can make exactly what you would be looking for though... Feel free to send me an IM and check out the webpage for more info...

As for amps... McIntosh has some cost little object very high quality amps -- Arc Audio... Diamond amps are good for less money... also check out zed audio for some amps that are built like tanks and if they don't last atleast 20 years (the amp lifetime) I would be shocked...

Dylan Matlow -- Ology Audio

-------------------------------------------------

Believe it or not That is a 6.5"

Closed Thread