2 13.33%
Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Your Seal of Approval

Rmsanger is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your Seal of Approval

Ok I'm 99% sure of my final decision on replacing my system. If you haven't read my other thread it's "Stolen System" under subwoofers. Anyway the final # my insurance is gonna give me is $1170. I have to make up the difference myself but oh well. I'm going with an

HU - Eclipse CD 5442 for $450
    Sub- 1 JL 12' W6V2 for $415
    Amp - PPI Pcx- 1250 for $495

Not the greatest system in the world but it will go well with my other Boston components. I know I can get some of the stuff off ebay cheaper but all these items and gurranteed and warrantied. I know the brand spankin new and not refurbished. Anyway if you have any other suggestions let me know. Remember I only have a select list of brands to choose from if your interested in looking at these brands go to www.ccsclaims.com and go under the manufacturer's section. Thanks again for you help.

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have my approval!!!

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see where that selection is so "limited." You can make one heck of a system out of those companies. I just hope you don't have to pay that much for the PPI amp, that's just too much. $300-400 is reasonable. But $500 is almost what I payed for my PCX1500, and I got fully warranty, installation and parts included.
    But what you got there should be pretty good for the deck and sub section. You'll just need to tweek your Bostons to "mesh" with the system and you're good to go.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

Bumpin03 is offline James Madison University

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    $415 for a 12w6v2???? your are gettin ripped, i got mine for 320 at my shop and they are usually overpriced. If you would send the money for shipping and everything i can pick you up one. i cant promise 320...cuz he has them marked at 369, but i talked him down. since i dropped a lot of $$$ there maybe he could give me another for that price. drop me a pm or an email if you want one

- Bumpin03 -
    06 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    Pioneer Premier 740mp
    Kicker RS5 Components
    Kicker 6x9's
    2 12" AA Assassins
    Profile CL1200

Rmsanger is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still have to see if my insurance company will let my purchase equipment and then reimburse for it. Anyway what type of box would you recommend for the JL if I want SQ. I know that sealed boxes are the best for SQ but will just the one sub be enought base. Another thing is the amp enough power at 500 watts or should I step it up to the next level.

Closed Thread