Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How does this system sound?

TheOol is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 How does this system sound?

I went to Audio Express the other day intent on buying an mrd-m500, 2 12" type r's, and a box. Along with the install kit and audio expresses installation it would have cost me $1000. I thought about it, and decided I just cant afford to spend that kind of money considering that I will be going to college in a year.

So here is what i am thinking now: 1 jbl 600.1
    2 mtx 6000 12's
    I can get this setup from ebay shipped for about 400, and I figure i'll spend another 100-150 for the box and wiring. I will try to do the install myself, but if it is too hard I will have a store do it.

Tell me what you guys think of this sub/amp combo or give me some suggestions on what I should get that would be around that price range.
    Thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anybody? come on, I really need some advice here.

picklekx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dont buy off ebay cause get now warranty and such most of the time. I would buy 2 kicker compvrs instead of the 6000s as well as they are suppsoe to be excelent and that amp would push them beatiful as it puts outs about 700watss rms. I would buy the amp from bsless and the compvrs where ever you feel that setup will be about 400-450 and boxes and wiring another 100-150 as you said. you could try speakerhole.com for boxers though people on hear dont like them the ones over at sd seem to. so i think that would be a better setup of subs then the 6000s. Also installing is as hard as some make it out to be jsut make sure you have the time to do it and dont rush run the rcas away from the power wire atleast 18 inches away.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks i'll take a look at the kickers. what brand of wiring kits do you guys prefer?

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The brand really doesn't matter, you just pay more for the name or looks mainly. That being said, I like Stinger for some reason, don't know why.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by wesleysh
    The brand really doesn't matter, you just pay more for the name or looks mainly. That being said, I like Stinger for some reason, don't know why.
    thanks. i just found two 12" type r's on ikesound.com for 240. do you guys think they are worth the extra $40?

Closed Thread