Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Best way to get lots of bass in a single cab truck

I was recently enlisted to do a single cab pickup install- that has tons of crisp loud bass.

Since I'm used to slapping in a pair of sealed 15"s or one large cuft ported 15" and calling it a day, this is beyond me. I was thinking, take out the bench seat, and fab in buckets from a caddilac, (With the back massagers/heaters to boot) and make a phatty console with a single 10" or dual 8" drivers, something like W7's or RE XXX's. The owner is a business man who puts 20k a year on a vehicle, so it needs to be functional, and when need be, loud. So the console will have to have the standard creature comforts like cupholders, 12v outlets etc. It's a fullsized 96 chevy pickup. He is also looking to have a DVD player with a sizeable screen.

So, altogether, if I did all used stuff, I could hackjob a system like that (used/obsolete equipment etc) for $2k, using less agressive woofers like W3's or Kappa Perfects. I have never bought new equipment before so don't know prices that well.

What did your single cab system cost, how did you put it in, and how do you suggest I go about doing mine, and how much is a ballpark figure for the whole job? Install is free of course, a friend of mine...

I com to lern bout car awww-deeeee-ohhhhhs!
    Truck: 1998 Ford Ranger SC 2.5L 4 cyl 5 spd
    Mods- 195/60R15 Cooper Cobra Tires on stock rims
    System: HU- Eclipse CD8454, 2 Dayton RS180 7" midbass, Optimus 3" Horn Tweets hotglued to the dash, 3 12" JL W6v1's downfiring sealed, PPI PCX2200 @ 4 ohms, Alpine MRV-F545 mids and highs, 2 layers of Raamat on the doors.
    What's in Store:
    2 more Dayton RS180 7" midbass, 2 Bolender Grabender Neo planar tweets

lostsoul is offline Heretic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Best way to get lots of bass in a single cab truck

I had two kicker cvr 15s in my single cab silverado It was bad ***! built a box that took up the whole are behind the seats and the console area, worked out nicely

Refs:Prowler573,fived,pboulos, mattmcss, HCCAfan, xxx.xxdb, sephiroth619, ibanezcollector,nikosbuddy. Theres more I just can't think of them at the moment.
    We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

LoudCrownVic is offline 1/1 of Team Team Team

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That must have taken a whole five gallon bucket of fiberglass resin!

I com to lern bout car awww-deeeee-ohhhhhs!
    Truck: 1998 Ford Ranger SC 2.5L 4 cyl 5 spd
    Mods- 195/60R15 Cooper Cobra Tires on stock rims
    System: HU- Eclipse CD8454, 2 Dayton RS180 7" midbass, Optimus 3" Horn Tweets hotglued to the dash, 3 12" JL W6v1's downfiring sealed, PPI PCX2200 @ 4 ohms, Alpine MRV-F545 mids and highs, 2 layers of Raamat on the doors.
    What's in Store:
    2 more Dayton RS180 7" midbass, 2 Bolender Grabender Neo planar tweets

Alpine CDA-9815 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If he wants serious bass in a standard cab a blowthrough is the only way IMO.

Alpine CDA-9887 | CDT EF-61CF's | 12" Diamond Audio TDX | Diamond Audio D5 1200.1| Diamond Audio D5 600.4| KnuKonceptz Wiring
    Refs (sold to): Pitchblack98 | phyphoestilic | str8cyko | rotciv005 | gixxer9 |
    Refs (bought from): xreymax | denali804 | BLD_25 |

lostsoul is offline Heretic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a blow thru would be best but its possible to do without and with out fiberglass. The box I had was good ole MDF. cant remeber the cubic feet but it was enought (with some polyfill) to run them nice and loud! I can see if I still have the plans laying around

Refs:Prowler573,fived,pboulos, mattmcss, HCCAfan, xxx.xxdb, sephiroth619, ibanezcollector,nikosbuddy. Theres more I just can't think of them at the moment.
    We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

T9X
    T9X is offline Best thang smokin'!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Kari Sweets is teh h0t*

REFS -Lingerfelt, Jdm94Coupe, bonesninja, teamquakecelica, diminishedpower, VarsityBumper, Kali77, joeboxer5876, XplorerL7

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted1 View Post
    HAHA dude you have to realize this is CA.com all of our chicks look like **** stars Thankfully your chick has a decent body so you can kind of put aside the fact that it looks like she was mauled in the face by a pack of pitbulls.

Closed Thread

User Tag List