Closed Thread

Reload Thread: newb question on deadening?

95Prober is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

newb question on deadening?

well, i bought lots of deadening and i will install soon when i get back home. this will be the first time i EVER used or expereinced the stuff. i know how do apply it thanks to these forums and i read up on its uses. but i just had a question. now, after applying it PROPERLY, which i will try and do, what will i notice the most INSIDE the car?? i mean outside, i assume most of the rattles etc. will go away hopefully, and inside will quiet the car from road noise. but how should i expect the bass?? compared to what it was? will it make the bass/vibration that much more stronger and impressive OR does it absorb the lower notes and affect the bass in a negative way?? thx

MY SET-UP :
    Head Unit :Pioneer Premier P660 w/ card remote
    Subwoofers :4-12" Pioneer Premier TSW-1241 (Dual-Voice Coils)
    Sub Amps :2 Zenon ASB-2200.1
    Speaker Amp:Soundstream Rubicon 604 (4Ch.)
    Rear Speak Fill:6x9 Infinity's
    Front Speak:CDT (CL-641 3-Way Comps in custom kickpods)
    Wires/Cables/Installation :2 runs of 0/1 guage, Knukonceptz RCA's, battery terminals, fuseholders, and 12,14 guage speaker wire and.. The Big 3
    Sound deadening : 30sq.ft of Secondskin & 150 B-Quiet Extreme for doors etc., 200 sq.ft of Edead v.2 for floors and trunk
    Box:6 Cu.Ft @32Hz
    Refs:scottyk,Fuknmovin,Bavarian3,Blados,Blazrgreg, juckstapose,
    acousticguitar,IonSQL,SQBubble,dragnix,02parkave,
    DUMPED

chinny is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: newb question on deadening?

Basically what it does it that it stops as much rattles as possible and it limits the bass from going out of the vehicle, so inside of your car will be a disco, all you will need is a strobe light in the roof.

noob with an RS is offline i poop on you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chinny
    inside of your car will be a disco, all you will need is a strobe light in the roof.
    i recommend you get a DC to AC converter that plugs right into your cigarette lighter since u dont smoke and hook a power surge to the converter and go to RADIO SHACK and buy as many strobe lights as you can. plug all the strobes into the power surge and make sure the strobe lights are all set at different settings to make a more dramatic effect in lighting. Dancing will look way cool especially when u do the robot or do the wave thing with your arms. or if youre getting it on with a female (or male if youre a homo) it looks like your humping slow when youre actually humping fast and is quite intriguing

AVSTANG02 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 95Prober
    well, i bought lots of deadening and i will install soon when i get back home. this will be the first time i EVER used or expereinced the stuff. i know how do apply it thanks to these forums and i read up on its uses. but i just had a question. now, after applying it PROPERLY, which i will try and do, what will i notice the most INSIDE the car?? i mean outside, i assume most of the rattles etc. will go away hopefully, and inside will quiet the car from road noise. but how should i expect the bass?? compared to what it was? will it make the bass/vibration that much more stronger and impressive OR does it absorb the lower notes and affect the bass in a negative way?? thx
    Their is no way your going to deaden your car enuff to notice such a drastic change.

well maybe you will..but for that you'd have to gut the entire interior and apply multiple coats of liquid and sheet deadener.

And a lot of rattles cant be solved with deadener. I put multiple layers on my trunk and my rearend still rattled as much as before.

Also don't get impatient while your doing it expect it to be boring, tedious and very time consuming.

Closed Thread