Closed Thread

Reload Thread: having major issues with rcas????? help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

having major issues with rcas????? help

ok i have 3 amps 1 kenwood 4ch for my highs/mids and 2 class d 1000wt interfire amps for my power hx2s,
    my head unit is a pioneer premier 6400, i have a sub output and a normal out put,
    i got all of my grounds connected good down to bare metal, i dont have any power/ground wires near any of the rcas, BUT when i connect the sub out put from the head unit to the main amp that amp will slam the hell out my sub! but when i go and add the 2nd rcas from the 1st sub amp to go to the other sub amp the 2 sub amp dosent make the 2nd sub slam as hard as the 1st one there hitting at differant speeds,
    and when i turn on the tunner to listen to the radio stations i get road noise but when i put a cd in it goes away and then i take it out and put the tunner back on again and the noise is still there,
    plus i was wondering if any has suggestions on a box for my power hx2s there 12in,
    the box there in now sux i think its 2.5per chamber port it about 13in long and 4in wide,
    any help would be great !!!!

blackgeltabs is offline Knowledge is Power

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "2 sub amp dosent make the 2nd sub slam as hard as the 1st one there hitting at differant speeds"

Right off this leads me to believe you are dealing with a phasing problem. Take a speaker wire on one of the terminal and flip it. If the subs pound like they should be then its a phasing problem. All this means is that your subs are not wired the same. Make sure your wires inside you box and to your amps are wired properly. Hope this helps.

rctecinc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by blackgeltabs
    "2 sub amp dosent make the 2nd sub slam as hard as the 1st one there hitting at differant speeds"

Right off this leads me to believe you are dealing with a phasing problem. Take a speaker wire on one of the terminal and flip it. If the subs pound like they should be then its a phasing problem. All this means is that your subs are not wired the same. Make sure your wires inside you box and to your amps are wired properly. Hope this helps.
    hey were have i heard this? lol

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with the advice by Blackgeltabs. However if that does not work, try switching the amps. The RCA throughput on the amp may not be working properly. I don't know what your knowledge level of amps are but, are the gains the same on both amps? How about the bass boost? How about the x-over setting? These are just possibilities but I also think that phasing is your problem.

Closed Thread