Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Stolen Stuff

Crazymofo is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stolen Stuff

How do u guys keep all your stuff from getting stolen? Alarms can be cut off, windows can be broken, and bolted down stuff gets ripped out. Ive already lost one system what do I do?

It aint the car that gets the women...Its the man

bootleg is offline Got Adire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well unless you have a ****** alarm a regular pro installed one should be enough. Also, the most important thing you can do is to use common sense when you park your ride, ie under lights, near places where people are and close the entrance of stores as possible. You might also try security screws, www.selectproducts.com

'94 Dodge Ram Std. Cab Sport Red

100' Sound Deading
    1/0 Power & Ground

Adire Audio 12" Shiva
    Custom Sealed Fiber-glass Box

'03 Spring Install:
    Clarion DXZ635MP
    US Acoustics USX2100
    US Acoustics USX2080
    ID & Adire Front Stage
    Adire Audio 12" Shiva Mk. III

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Use your imagination and things can be done, but you have to be willing to put the materials and time into it. The big thing is to make your system lack "user friendliness." It's just like an internet site. The easier you make it for yourself to get in from a remote location, the easier it is for someone else. Every car will have its own little quirk to it that you can use to your advantage. It's just like car theft. Your not trying to stop the pro's, your trying to keep out the amateurs, no matter how experienced they are. If they lack a "mafia" type ring and funding, you can at least make your system a 30 minute or more job to steal. That's the game your playing. Think outside the box. Don't use things that are HARD to unscrew. Use things that are IMPOSSIBLE to unscrew. Cover places that can be unscrewed with things that can only be melted or cut away with very special saws, and a whole lot of time. Then put it in so many places that Superman couldn't rip it out. Most will try and break your stuff if they can't get it. So use your imagination to make them spend 5 minutes of their time just getting to your amps/subs/speakers to punch a whole in them and run. It can be done, people just aren't willing to do so. Unless my insurance company is going to reduce my premium for doing so, I'm not willing to either. Let them pay for it all as far as I'm concern. The police sure as h*ll don't care.
    Last edited by wesleysh; 07-30-2002 at 09:57 PM.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    solder in screw heads works nicely...

MSN - pnenis@hotmail.com
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All the above agreed with...Also, don't show off your system. Use factory speaker grills, don't use window decals of name brands, shut your stereo off when you are within 6 blocks of where you park your vehicle, only show your trusted friends what you got, and keep your vehicle looking plain so that it does not draw attention. Even a nice set of rims can call attention to a car stereo thief. If you have an alarm professionally installed pay a little extra to have the brain box, relays, and all the wires out of sight and out of reach. Have your parking lights and/or headlights and/or horn hooked up to the alarm as well. The aftermarket alarm siren is easily disabled and nobody will pay attention to a car alarm that only sounds for a moment. Alarms are certainly not fool proof but they do work. A good alarm saved my stereo and car a couple of times.

Crazymofo is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I will do some of this so my **** dont get beat no more

It aint the car that gets the women...Its the man

Closed Thread