Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Peel and seal (or other deadener) application help for a noob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peel and seal (or other deadener) application help for a noob

Hey, I have a trunk with no carpeting on the lid and it rattles badly. I am looking to put some peel and seal in my trunk. My question is do you cut holes in the P&S for the holes in the underside of the trunk lid where the wires, bulbs, and connections for my lights are? If the answer is no to that question, then would covering these areas put me at risk for overheating or anyother problem? If anyone has an example of what a sound insulator application on the trunk lid is supposed to look like can you please post it or email it to me.
    Thanks
    By the way you can get this stuff at any home improvement store such as lowes, menards, or home depot, correct? If I can't find it there is there a place that sells this stuff online. I see dynamat everywhere, but no peel and seal, and I have no money for dynamat or any of the "real" stuff. I can post a pic tomorrow in the daylight, but it is midnight here and my sidekick II cam ***** at night, but I'm sure everybody knows what a uncarpeted trunk looks like
    Sorry for the long *** post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Peel and seal (or other deadener) application help for a noob

go up too lowes and look in the roofing, u will notice it is shinny on one side and sticky on the otehr i coudnt find that Peel and seal BRAND but i got some other stuff that seems to be alright. up at lowes.

GSXR 2001 1k
    CBR 900RR 1999

Closed Thread