Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Suggestion for PM limit exceeded

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Suggestion for PM limit exceeded

As we keep getting our Private Messages reduced and reduced, a problem alot of us have been running into, while PMing each other back and forth or trying to reach out to someone via PM, we have to go to a thread that they started to have the best chance that they receive an email stating someone responded to their thread when someone is just simply stating "Hey, clear out your Inbox."

Why do we not have a notification that pops up and states that your Inbox and Sent Box is full? This happens to me all the time whether its my inbox that gets full or the person I have been trying to reach gets full. Its so frustrating to try and track down that person to get them to clear out their PM's. I have lost deals with people exceeding their maximum PM limit. There are alot of people who have de-selected the option where anytime you post a comment in a thread, you are subscribed so trying to get ahold of that person is often times impossible. Its like you have to post in a thread like you do in Craigslist in the Missed Connections in hopes that person reads it.

Solution would be a pop up everytime you get onto the site, maybe time elapsed, or maybe an email once a day that cannot be turned off in your settings.

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Suggestion for PM limit exceeded

Bwah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Are you serious!!!!

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

3. Dislikes Trancer disliked this post
    Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

actually he is serious and i do think its a good idea....having a notification up here is better then some email

5. Thanks Trancer thanked for this post
    CL1CKCLACK is offline CarAudio.com Boss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think the PM limit should just go back to where it was...

1996 Mitsu Clipse GSX 450whp
    1997 Eagle Talon TSI

refs:
    wes007parks, ridinswangaz, madmat, treylittlefield, mendezm9
    MHD2000, RetroAudioInc, power-fanatic07, Carnivorous18, Spltuscon
    Ridinhi, Wingsfreak9, Pro-Rabbit, 2000LaDe, nom nom
    DBBOOM, hrtbrk1, dgaf_, dirtbikkerrob, Nik592, SkylineTT

7. Likes Trancer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

It used to tell you when PMs were getting close to being full.. Dont know wtf happened to that though.

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

9. Thanks Trancer thanked for this post
    Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMINS View Post
    Bwah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Are you serious!!!!
    ummmm whats wrong with my suggestion? Seriously? You havent ran into this problem before? We use to get some sort of notification, but now we dont. It sneaks up on me all the time. It doesnt take many messages to exceed my limit. 2 pages of messages in my inbox and I have exceeded my limit. When I am selling multiple items, say 2-4 items at a time, which people often do, I could easily have my inbox limit exceeded in a day or two. Often times, there are messages I want kept. Sometimes I export my messages so I can completely clear out my inbox and sent messages.

I dont see why this is such a crazy idea, request, suggestion, etc...

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The reason I am laughing, is......the limit got dropped, people complained, nothing happened......... there used to be that feature, they took it away.........then they drop limit on pm's again....people complain....they get told to buy memberships that are over priced.......now you ask for something they already had and took away.......

Not gonna happen.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMINS View Post
    The reason I am laughing, is......the limit got dropped, people complained, nothing happened......... there used to be that feature, they took it away.........then they drop limit on pm's again....people complain....they get told to buy memberships that are over priced.......now you ask for something they already had and took away.......

Not gonna happen.
    It's only $3 a month.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

i see no problem

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Duke Duke Duke Duke.... WTP?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Pay $3 a month and you get 1000 pms. If you can't afford $3 a month, quit bitching

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

16. Likes CarAudio.com Admin, 05fronty liked this post
Closed Thread