Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Reload Thread: What can we do?

  1. #16
    Bettr n' Revrse's Avatar
    Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    16,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    Like how SSA and Duramax forum has a sections for every company... And the Reps give a hell of a discount to members...




    Western Rep.

    99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^




  2. #17
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    12,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jco1385 View Post
    i need to be able to say ninja without gettin bant
    That wouldnt be an issue if you and a few others didnt push the N word issue so much and use it as a substitution. Now we have to assume youre being racist.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

  3. #18
    jco1385's Avatar
    jco1385 is offline expert jcologist



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    18,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    but all the music i listen to isnt racist

    you're* (btw )



    1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    I don't think posts in the Dome should add to your cumulative post count. My reasoning is simple. Higher post counts bring status, whether you like it or not. The whole idea of this forum is respectful, helpful information and discussion of car audio. When a new member joins, he/she won't just believe everything everyone says, and for good reason - many people just don't know what they're talking about. Now, if a member with 20k+ posts chimes in, the new member will be more likely to listen, and possibly change his/her opinions to that of the person with the most posts. That's not necessarily because they're the only ones correct, or even because their posts were filled with the most information(although this also plays a large role). It's because the new member thinks the veteran knows more. After all, this forum is supposed to be about helping those in need of help and discussing different aspects of car audio.

    On the other hand, if a new member creates a topic asking for suggestions on their system(which is inevitably going to be an awful system), and the veteran member he/she is looking up to chimes in with, "You should buy a 1,000,000,000,000 farad capacitor loooloolloolololololololololool!" the new member will be discouraged, and either not come back, or will think that the forum is operated under the assumption that immaturity is cool and will start to troll similarly.

    Now, let's go for a third scenario. The second one doesn't really happen much, and when it does, I'm sure responsible members report the post. In this scenario however, it's not possible to report a post, and one can't exactly report a member(just because the moderators and administrator believe in having more traffic). A new member posts, asking for opinions on buying a new amplifier. A few members post with different suggestions, because they're car audio enthusiasts and they care about what they're talking about. However, another member(with several more thousand posts than the others, most of which come from the Dome because the member is here for the community) posts something undoubtedly sarcastic, and equally ambiguous. The new member doesn't see the sarcasm, and takes the post seriously.

    There are many other scenarios, in which other people see the sarcasm and decide to steer away from the site because of the unprofessional stance the moderators seem to take about the mass distribution of fallacious information. Whether you like it or not, the site is a business. Businesses should be professional, and for the life of the business, you have to rid yourself of whoever isn't holding their weight, per se. You don't honestly believe that owners of businesses have left because of the rules you've recently implemented, do you? With some common sense, you can see that these businessmen left because of the lack of professionalism. They left because the floodgates holding all of the trolls in the Thunderdome broke. Your response was a good first step, but putting a band-aid on a broken arm isn't going to help anything.

    The real problem of the forum is the immaturity. Deleting posts and adding a couple of rules isn't much more than the band-aid you've already exhausted. You need to completely change the rules. Change your stance on and opinions of the goings on of the forum. Take actual action against the cancer on the site. Clean the Thunderdome. Do something.



    If you really want active members, make them WANT to be here. By here, I don't mean the Thunderdome, or the classifieds. They need to want to be here for car audio. Maybe then you'll have more company owners coming to help out and give information. Maybe they'll be willing to contribute financially.



    The other ideas like giveaways, vendor forums, etc., are all great as well. The forum needs to have something going for it other than the funny factor of the Dome. Defending the Dome for the sake of keeping members is illogical. There's no happy medium for having trolls or intellectuals. That's why people leave. That's why the site is failing. You can't blame the moderators for not enforcing the rules, and you can't blame the members for not having good enough ideas.




    Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway


  5. Thanks SicAudio thanked for this post
  6. #20
    Imtjnotu's Avatar
    Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    12,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    How about in the top 15 stats clicking on a particular one brings u to the last post...




  7. #21
    whitedragon551's Avatar
    whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    12,839
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    I don't think posts in the Dome should add to your cumulative post count. My reasoning is simple. Higher post counts bring status, whether you like it or not. The whole idea of this forum is respectful, helpful information and discussion of car audio. When a new member joins, he/she won't just believe everything everyone says, and for good reason - many people just don't know what they're talking about. Now, if a member with 20k+ posts chimes in, the new member will be more likely to listen, and possibly change his/her opinions to that of the person with the most posts. That's not necessarily because they're the only ones correct, or even because their posts were filled with the most information(although this also plays a large role). It's because the new member thinks the veteran knows more. After all, this forum is supposed to be about helping those in need of help and discussing different aspects of car audio.

    On the other hand, if a new member creates a topic asking for suggestions on their system(which is inevitably going to be an awful system), and the veteran member he/she is looking up to chimes in with, "You should buy a 1,000,000,000,000 farad capacitor loooloolloolololololololololool!" the new member will be discouraged, and either not come back, or will think that the forum is operated under the assumption that immaturity is cool and will start to troll similarly.

    Now, let's go for a third scenario. The second one doesn't really happen much, and when it does, I'm sure responsible members report the post. In this scenario however, it's not possible to report a post, and one can't exactly report a member(just because the moderators and administrator believe in having more traffic). A new member posts, asking for opinions on buying a new amplifier. A few members post with different suggestions, because they're car audio enthusiasts and they care about what they're talking about. However, another member(with several more thousand posts than the others, most of which come from the Dome because the member is here for the community) posts something undoubtedly sarcastic, and equally ambiguous. The new member doesn't see the sarcasm, and takes the post seriously.

    There are many other scenarios, in which other people see the sarcasm and decide to steer away from the site because of the unprofessional stance the moderators seem to take about the mass distribution of fallacious information. Whether you like it or not, the site is a business. Businesses should be professional, and for the life of the business, you have to rid yourself of whoever isn't holding their weight, per se. You don't honestly believe that owners of businesses have left because of the rules you've recently implemented, do you? With some common sense, you can see that these businessmen left because of the lack of professionalism. They left because the floodgates holding all of the trolls in the Thunderdome broke. Your response was a good first step, but putting a band-aid on a broken arm isn't going to help anything.
    All 3 of these scenarios are easily fixable right now. Simply report the post. Trolling in the tech sections isnt allowed and will result in a post deletion, warnings, and vacations depending on the severity of the post.

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    The real problem of the forum is the immaturity. Deleting posts and adding a couple of rules isn't much more than the band-aid you've already exhausted. You need to completely change the rules. Change your stance on and opinions of the goings on of the forum. Take actual action against the cancer on the site. Clean the Thunderdome. Do something.
    The ThunderDome is a rules free zone. Its there for the trolls. It wont get cleaned up thats just the way it is. Hence the reason its a members only zone. The only two rules we maintain there is the racial slurs and the nudity. All else goes unless of course someone lays down some physical threats and then we will look into it on a case by case basis.


    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    If you really want active members, make them WANT to be here. By here, I don't mean the Thunderdome, or the classifieds. They need to want to be here for car audio. Maybe then you'll have more company owners coming to help out and give information. Maybe they'll be willing to contribute financially.

    The other ideas like giveaways, vendor forums, etc., are all great as well. The forum needs to have something going for it other than the funny factor of the Dome. Defending the Dome for the sake of keeping members is illogical. There's no happy medium for having trolls or intellectuals. That's why people leave. That's why the site is failing. You can't blame the moderators for not enforcing the rules, and you can't blame the members for not having good enough ideas.
    Goob is getting ready to role out vendor sections and vendor advertising as well as changing the advertising rules. There have already been a great number of vendors interested in joining in on this campaign and a few who have already paid for their advertising. They are being brought in slowly but surely.



    CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules



    HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

  8. #22
    jtomsic's Avatar
    jtomsic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    Goob is getting ready to role out vendor sections and vendor advertising as well as changing the advertising rules. There have already been a great number of vendors interested in joining in on this campaign and a few who have already paid for their advertising. They are being brought in slowly but surely.
    that is awesome. im glad a few companies are going to be coming back! any info on what companies are signed up already by chance?

    As far as the trolling issue, i think if we(we being all the regular car audio enthusiasts) take a stance that trolling wont be tolerated anymore outside the dome and really start to crack down with punishments that were talked about above things will get better.. I understand the members have to do our part by reporting the posts to help you guys see whats going on. I see the moderators side now and that you cant go through every single post looking for people being stupid ..thats unrealistic so the members need to do our part to help you guys on that. hopefully we can make this place a great place to post and interact with people who share our love for car audio again.

    hopefully those vendors will do giveaways and nice things like that.. who knows maybe some of the old regulars will even come back if things change for the good and we can limit the trolling to only the t-dome.. also by old regulars i dont mean the old mods with power trips or anybody that will cause problems again..im referring to people who are knowledgeable and very helpful cause it honestly seemed like there was a lot more before.




    Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
    Subwoofers: (2)15" RE Audio XXX(05 model)
    Sub Box: Undecided..
    Sub Amp: Crescendo bc3500
    Speakers: 6.5" RE Audio XXX Components(soon to be 2nd pair in kick panels)
    Speaker Amp: Hifonics HFi100.2(for now...)
    Wiring: 2 runs of 1/0 throughout, XS Power battery in trunk,big 3 done, 270a alt, 1/0 accesories throughout
    Deadner: 75sq ft AT 60mil, 20sq ft Alphadamp
    Security: Crimestopper 2way alarm/remote start

  9. #23
    jtomsic's Avatar
    jtomsic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    also i'd like to apologize for my thread yesterday and the things I said..a lot of it got taken out of context and then escalated to an arguement and hopefully I explained my feelings a little better above and what i was actually trying to say. thats all just wanted to apologize for my part in all that. just want to see this place be a nice place to visit and get helpful info again.




    Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
    Subwoofers: (2)15" RE Audio XXX(05 model)
    Sub Box: Undecided..
    Sub Amp: Crescendo bc3500
    Speakers: 6.5" RE Audio XXX Components(soon to be 2nd pair in kick panels)
    Speaker Amp: Hifonics HFi100.2(for now...)
    Wiring: 2 runs of 1/0 throughout, XS Power battery in trunk,big 3 done, 270a alt, 1/0 accesories throughout
    Deadner: 75sq ft AT 60mil, 20sq ft Alphadamp
    Security: Crimestopper 2way alarm/remote start

  10. #24
    jco1385's Avatar
    jco1385 is offline expert jcologist



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    18,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    Quote Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
    How about in the top 15 stats clicking on a particular one brings u to the last post...
    there is a lil bitty triangle next to the thread that does this.



    1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

  11. #25
    ramos's Avatar
    ramos is offline Still learning



    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    I know a few vendors that don't frequent here, not because of the immaturity level, but because of the constant " Give me, give me, give me" that goes on. Tough times to own a business, and constantly giving deep discounts just isn't as easy as it used to be.



    5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

  12. #26
    chunky cumz's Avatar
    chunky cumz is offline past due splooge



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in ya mouf
    Posts
    3,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    all is well just a matter of time...

    as long as ANT continues his monopoly scheme of buying all forums he can, soon they will all be driven into the ground and the last one standing will be ca.com.

    caco is officially falling.



    8=D

  13. #27
    jtomsic's Avatar
    jtomsic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    Quote Originally Posted by chunky cumz View Post
    all is well just a matter of time...

    as long as ANT continues his monopoly scheme of buying all forums he can, soon they will all be driven into the ground and the last one standing will be ca.com.

    caco is officially falling.
    whats the deal with that? i wonder what his thoughts are for buying all of them i dont get it...




    Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
    Subwoofers: (2)15" RE Audio XXX(05 model)
    Sub Box: Undecided..
    Sub Amp: Crescendo bc3500
    Speakers: 6.5" RE Audio XXX Components(soon to be 2nd pair in kick panels)
    Speaker Amp: Hifonics HFi100.2(for now...)
    Wiring: 2 runs of 1/0 throughout, XS Power battery in trunk,big 3 done, 270a alt, 1/0 accesories throughout
    Deadner: 75sq ft AT 60mil, 20sq ft Alphadamp
    Security: Crimestopper 2way alarm/remote start

  14. #28
    ahole-ic's Avatar
    ahole-ic is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jtomsic View Post
    whats the deal with that? i wonder what his thoughts are for buying all of them i dont get it...
    Who knows but I'm glad he did. It's helping my little forum out. People just want to exchange good info and shoot the shiite. All of these "larger" forums care about their google ads etc. I don't give a crap about that. i just want members lol. It's really helping people like me.




  15. #29
    05trailblazer's Avatar
    05trailblazer is offline k33p groaning son :)



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    2,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    is there a way we can upload pictures or videos without posting a link???



    HU:Pioneer 80-PRS
    Fnt&Rear Spkrs: 8 Neo-Pro-v.2 soon
    Mid Amp: Sax-50.4& Sax-200.4
    Subs: 4 Sundown Audio 18s Z v.4 tuned at 15hrtz
    Amp: 2*NS-1s
    batts:,xs2500,xs3000 x20
    wire:0g OFC Audio Technix
    alt: 3 HO alts from??? from mechman or singer?

  16. #30
    token1er's Avatar
    token1er is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Re: What can we do?

    add a chatbox. i like that feature in forums



    Ca & Caco Refs: its_bacon12, acex3a, boilermaker-744, howyadoin, Ajax_6154, Pro-Rabbit, jr711, Starky, Ledoux289, AKHeathen, Dirtrider4eva, mast240, gumby688

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum