View Poll Results: How often do you use the Internet with your mobile phone?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alot (everyday)

27 87.10%
  • Some

4 12.90%
  • Never

0 0%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Mobile App

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Icon32 Mobile App

We were discussing earlier maybe installing Tapatalk, or some sort of mobile app, for easier site viewing and had pretty good feedback on it. As you might not realize however, Tapatalk is a paid app, that costs $2.99 to download for each user.

Then, a couple weeks ago, the forum developers had said they were going to be introducing a iphone/android app for release this week, to be comparable with Tapatalk. I was going to try that out, since it would most likely be a free app for everyone. But this weekend they halted it, for an unknown reason, possibly the fact that they can't distribute it for free, not sure.

Anyway, I wanted to get more feedback on how often you use the site, or the internet for the matter (since we don't have a mobile app), using your phone. Feedback is also appreciated.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Re: Mobile App

my phone wont even log in to this website properly any more... probably its just outdated s/w - i can literally seen in plain text my user id AND password when I put it in at the upper right corner. It will fail there, then bring me to the "1 out of 5" attempts used, where I will then be able to put my id and p/w in correctly and work... plus this page loads god awfully slow on my phone (us cellular). Alot of us are obsessed with this site LoL

Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    Next up - 1991 CRX, two SAZ3000d's, and some subs

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I cruze it a bit on the phone.....I have tapatalk....and personally I hate it. I would rather come right to the site, and see whats happening as I see it on the comp.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

CarAudio.com Admin is online now aka "goob"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    my phone wont even log in to this website properly any more... probably its just outdated s/w - i can literally seen in plain text my user id AND password when I put it in at the upper right corner. It will fail there, then bring me to the "1 out of 5" attempts used, where I will then be able to put my id and p/w in correctly and work... plus this page loads god awfully slow on my phone (us cellular). Alot of us are obsessed with this site LoL
    That is probably the case. What phone is it, if you don't mind?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Tone415 is offline A.K.A FrisnoG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    I agree.. even a full connection on wifi is a little slower than other websites..

Current Set up:[05-03-11] 2000 Chevy Impala
    Sub: 2x 15" SSA Icon d1 in a DCTV box
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe ap18001d
    Fronts: Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5x
    Rear: Rockford Fosgate 3-Way 6x9's
    Speaker Amp: Sound Stream Van Gogh 500.4
    HU: Alpine IXA-w404 - 8gb Ipod nano
    Electrical: 220 DB Electrical Alt - Big 3 in 2/0 g - Yellowtop 34/78 upfront - Deka Intimidator in the rear

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMINS View Post
    I cruze it a bit on the phone.....I have tapatalk....and personally I hate it. I would rather come right to the site, and see whats happening as I see it on the comp.
    Interesting point. Those that do have the latest webkit related phones, like android and iphone can view the site just fine. Just have to get used to the smaller screen. I guess it comes down to preference.

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

my blackberry ***** trying to load ca.com

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

CRXBMPN is offline ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarAudio.com Admin View Post
    That is probably the case. What phone is it, if you don't mind?
    Samsung Delve - I was able to log in successfully a month or three ago using the old normal way, now I pass it up due to latency and that login problem.

Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    Next up - 1991 CRX, two SAZ3000d's, and some subs

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

I have Tapatalk. Its hard modding the forum from my phone with the full site rather than a mobile version.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tone415 View Post
    I agree.. even a full connection on wifi is a little slower than other websites..
    That is where a mobile app would help out, by reducing the page size and items loaded up.

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have tapatalk and im not the biggest fan of it. Would be neat to have the option but I do just fine cruising around the full site on my dx

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

I have no issues with this site on my phone what so ever. I prefer viewing this site as I would from any pc. tapatalk is nice in some cases, but not my preference.

I have an EVO and it loads just fine(not slow in anyway even when I'm not in 3G or 4G).

Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

All my browsing and postings are done off my galaxy s (android phone)...everytime I'm on here I'm on my phone

CHEMMINS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

A lot of it depends on your network connection. Wifi is sometimes slow....but who knows who I am using. When I am on 3g service it is just as fast as my home connection on my pc. I have no issues enlarging the site on my iphone either to see the smaller stuff up close. At least I can see pics of gear.

References:
    kmarei, ge_off_me, AudioPipe, slim2fattycake, Louisiana_CRX, ARMed&Bangin, EXTREMECHEVYMAN, Dpc69ss, Psychoacoustics, Shinju, jonny101abc, snoopdan

BUYING SILVER TOP TRF MOTORS

Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use ca.com on my phone all the time... and it is so d@mn frustrating when you accidentally click something next to what your intended target was cuz everythings pretty small (and zooming in gets tiresome), so you have to go back which takes a while then go to your intended destination which takes more time... I personally like Tapatalk very much; everything loads much faster than using the mobile site (for caco and some subaru forums at least) and the interface is very finger-friendly.

Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast