Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Reload Thread: General classifieds discussion

  1. #1
    Fear Of Theive's Avatar
    Fear Of Theive is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,Akron Ohio
    Posts
    2,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    General classifieds discussion

    Well i never started this but the orignal post was,Jntar saying the new no post dumping rule,so i guess discuss.
    Last edited by Fear Of Theive; 03-25-2008 at 01:30 PM.



    Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    I hear Boss is coming out with subs that handle 1.21 jiggawatts. Might want to save your $ for those. But then you will have to do the thunderstorm mod to your electrical system so you can power your amp with lightning strikes.

    One of the reviews on SMD said it will hit so hard, that you will go back in time because the extreme sound pressure rips a hole in the space time continuum. The low notes will hit harder so those will send you farther back in time than the higher notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cravingbass123 View Post
    u know nothing about how our countries economy runs.......
    so shut up, i bet i know infinitely more about this stuff than you do.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear Of Theive View Post
    not to be a ******** but what's the rules for post dumping like,a example pleasE?(i'm dead serious)
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166292
    Last edited by Johnny Drama; 03-25-2008 at 09:37 AM.




  3. #3
    2002XLT's Avatar
    2002XLT is online now Thats right bishes...



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    H-Town, TX
    Posts
    6,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by jntar View Post
    You brought attention to yourself. There are hundreds of sale threads moved around each day...Its kinda hard to catch them all.

    What you fail to realize is that we dont get paid to do this, and we have lives. So we rely on the other 30k+ members to report what they see wrong and we take care of it as fast as possible. 10 people cane be on all day, but there is always a member on to report something.

    I havent seen the fuse or wire bit, but we have laxed off the rules in the classifieds and its getting way out of hand. Post dumping is the first step. Ive been trying to get the admin to add itrader or and ebay version for quite a while...
    The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.

    But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.



    I would also like to see you guys get stricter on scammers, and bad people who have had bad business. That really hurts the classifieds...



    Refs-
    http://forums.explorerx.com/index.php?showtopic=11984
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245865 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...59#post3482859
    Ebay Feedback- http://myworld.ebay.com/lilchard1969/

    Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT
    R1 Concepts Cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads, K&N FIPK Intake, Removed roof racks, Debadged, Tinted tails, Clear Corners, Upper and lower Billet Grilles,5% Tint all the way around

    Stereo- All stock.

  4. #4
    Flipx99's Avatar
    Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Building 100
    Posts
    23,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.

    But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.
    I actually support the mass sale threads. It is better than some jackass bumping 19 forsale threads every 30 minutes.




    Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing


    I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

    If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.

    But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.
    Just an FYI...Multi item is not mass item

    You can sell your entire system in a thread, you cant sell 400 distroblocks where you bought them to make cash off of.




  6. #6
    Randy Savage's Avatar
    Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    21,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.

    But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.



    I would also like to see you guys get stricter on scammers, and bad people who have had bad business. That really hurts the classifieds...
    This it my take on it in regards to the mass sale threads.

    If someone is selling their complete system in one thread...that's fine by me. If you're selling a radio, amp, sub, speakers in one thread- no problem.

    If you're selling 26 brand new 'X' subs/speakers/amps...that's not gonna fly.

    As for the scammers, it's hard to keep up with it in all honesty. I try and scan through the Classifieds once a day. I've started a bunch of stickies in the past, and I encourage people to PM me if they have an issue/question with a particular member/transaction/sale thread.

    We can ban scammers easily. But there's not much stopping them from starting a new name and doing the same thing again.





  7. #7
    2002XLT's Avatar
    2002XLT is online now Thats right bishes...



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    H-Town, TX
    Posts
    6,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by jntar View Post
    Just an FYI...Multi item is not mass item

    You can sell your entire system in a thread, you cant sell 400 distroblocks where you bought them to make cash off of.
    Well where is that line drawn? lol. Is there a certain number? I post quite a few things for sale in my threads....



    Refs-
    http://forums.explorerx.com/index.php?showtopic=11984
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245865 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...59#post3482859
    Ebay Feedback- http://myworld.ebay.com/lilchard1969/

    Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT
    R1 Concepts Cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads, K&N FIPK Intake, Removed roof racks, Debadged, Tinted tails, Clear Corners, Upper and lower Billet Grilles,5% Tint all the way around

    Stereo- All stock.

  8. #8
    Flipx99's Avatar
    Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Building 100
    Posts
    23,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    Well where is that line drawn? lol. Is there a certain number? I post quite a few things for sale in my threads....
    I would assume the mods would use constrained discretion to determine if the quantiy offered is a reasonable amount the average user may purchase.

    Selling 100' of wire is normal....selling 100 JL w7s is different.




    Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing


    I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

    If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    Well where is that line drawn? lol. Is there a certain number? I post quite a few things for sale in my threads....

    Sadly there isnt one. Its up to the moderator that first sees it.

    Usually a few things in quantity isnt an issue.




  10. #10
    90accordman's Avatar
    90accordman is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by jntar View Post
    Just an FYI...Multi item is not mass item

    You can sell your entire system in a thread, you cant sell 400 distroblocks where you bought them to make cash off of.
    bah i only had 40 fuse holders



    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278847-90accordman-feedback.html

  11. #11
    2002XLT's Avatar
    2002XLT is online now Thats right bishes...



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    H-Town, TX
    Posts
    6,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Savage View Post
    This it my take on it in regards to the mass sale threads.

    If someone is selling their complete system in one thread...that's fine by me. If you're selling a radio, amp, sub, speakers in one thread- no problem.

    If you're selling 26 brand new 'X' subs/speakers/amps...that's not gonna fly.

    As for the scammers, it's hard to keep up with it in all honesty. I try and scan through the Classifieds once a day. I've started a bunch of stickies in the past, and I encourage people to PM me if they have an issue/question with a particular member/transaction/sale thread.

    We can ban scammers easily. But there's not much stopping them from starting a new name and doing the same thing again.

    I agree that some obvious dealers shouldnt be allowed, but then again if they are good business people and can cut us a good deal, why would we complain?

    And i know scammers are a losing battle, but what about hurricane0388 and bad95gt whose threads are still going and there SNs arent even banned? They can still log in and scam noobs through PMs. Seems like some mods are more interested in personal conflicts then whats in the best interest of the site.

    Its truely a shame that the admin isnt more active on this site, it could be so much better just beinng able to IP ban people...



    Refs-
    http://forums.explorerx.com/index.php?showtopic=11984
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245865 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...59#post3482859
    Ebay Feedback- http://myworld.ebay.com/lilchard1969/

    Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT
    R1 Concepts Cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads, K&N FIPK Intake, Removed roof racks, Debadged, Tinted tails, Clear Corners, Upper and lower Billet Grilles,5% Tint all the way around

    Stereo- All stock.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    I agree that some obvious dealers shouldnt be allowed, but then again if they are good business people and can cut us a good deal, why would we complain?

    And i know scammers are a losing battle, but what about hurricane0388 and bad95gt whose threads are still going and there SNs arent even banned? They can still log in and scam noobs through PMs. Seems like some mods are more interested in personal conflicts then whats in the best interest of the site.

    Its truely a shame that the admin isnt more active on this site, it could be so much better just beinng able to IP ban people...
    Doesnt matter if you complain or not...its what the admin wants.

    Quote Originally Posted by 90accordman View Post
    bah i only had 40 fuse holders
    Honestly. Did you have need for 40 fuse holders? Or did you get them in a deal in hopes to sell them on caraudio.com?




  13. #13
    2002XLT's Avatar
    2002XLT is online now Thats right bishes...



    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    H-Town, TX
    Posts
    6,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by jntar View Post
    Doesnt matter if you complain or not...its what the admin wants.



    Honestly. Did you have need for 40 fuse holders? Or did you get them in a deal in hopes to sell them on caraudio.com?
    So the number one car audio classified website, the one website that has a reputation for the fastest classified section and the main reason MANY people come to this site, doesnt want more business brought to this site? lol.

    I mean, im not trying to get smart with you man, im just trying to understand the thought process on that one (not from you, but goober.)



    Refs-
    http://forums.explorerx.com/index.php?showtopic=11984
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245865 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...59#post3482859
    Ebay Feedback- http://myworld.ebay.com/lilchard1969/

    Vehicle-
    2002 Explorer XLT
    R1 Concepts Cross drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads, K&N FIPK Intake, Removed roof racks, Debadged, Tinted tails, Clear Corners, Upper and lower Billet Grilles,5% Tint all the way around

    Stereo- All stock.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dramaville
    Posts
    19,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2002XLT View Post
    So the number one car audio classified website, the one website that has a reputation for the fastest classified section and the main reason MANY people come to this site, doesnt want more business brought to this site? lol.

    I mean, im not trying to get smart with you man, im just trying to understand the thought process on that one (not from you, but goober.)
    This site was built for car audio not classifieds. The money maker to him isnt the classifeds, its the main page and the posts keeping it up in traffic. His carauido.com url will make him #1 no doubt without any help from the classifieds.

    The classifeds were intended for people to sell their used gear, not for people to use the site to earn a living off of. I could keep going, but I think you will understand by what I have said so far.




  15. #15
    nismos14's Avatar
    nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14,509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: You will be banned for post dumping

    I don't think you're grasping it.

    If you are selling 50 different items thats cool, its just a huge for sale thread with tons of different things. Maybe a couple duplicates here and thre like subs or backup HU's or whatever, but selling 500 of one item is bulk selling, whre you clearly purchased an item to re-sell.


    I don't think there should be any discussion in this thread, 1st post should be stickied, and thread closed. End of story.






    Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum