Closed Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Reload Thread: potential scammers and numerous sales

  1. #1
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    potential scammers and numerous sales

    IMO when a member is labeled a potential scammer or he/she has an issue with a previous sale issue they should not be allowed to list more items for sale until they make good and the FS mods know for a fact they have cleared things up.

    the potential scammer should get all of his/her FS threads locked and classified privledges revoked until the issue is taken care of

    Anyone agree?







  2. #2
    tapout's Avatar
    tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    11,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    agreed; anyone in particular you are thinking of.

    And that is actually in the classified rules but loosely enforced.




  3. #3
    ryanroma's Avatar
    ryanroma is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    1,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    IMO when a member is labeled a potential scammer or he/she has an issue with a previous sale issue they should not be allowed to list more items for sale until they make good and the FS mods know for a fact they have cleared things up.

    the potential scammer should get all of his/her FS threads locked and classified privledges revoked until the issue is taken care of

    Anyone agree?
    agree but if you took their classifieds privileges away, they could not respond to negative feedback threads, to resolve the problem...




  4. #4
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    they can resolve it in pm, where it should be resolved, then once it is resolved feedback can be updated



    did i mention the word resolve?




  5. #5
    Bloodstalker999's Avatar
    Bloodstalker999 is offline Confined to Reality......



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    I agree 100% but what are the conditions in which they would be labeled potential scammer, after all anyone can scam regardless of post count. If the requirements to be considered a scammer are fairly lenient then any idiot can run an otherwise good name through the dirt. Its probably harder to do than it really worth.



    "True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing because the more you know the more you realize you don't know"
    "Live Forever or Die Trying"
    refs: massiveaudiocw, PremierAudio, thunder9500, groggy23 x2, Rider69, quakerroatmeal, bushtree


  6. #6
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    agreed; anyone in particular you are thinking of.

    And that is actually in the classified rules but loosely enforced.
    yes, there is a negative feedback thread on a member that spans a few weeks, which hasnt been resolved or so it seems

    that member posted two more items for sale yesterday




  7. #7
    tapout's Avatar
    tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    11,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    yes, there is a negative feedback thread on a member that spans a few weeks, which hasnt been resolved or so it seems

    that member posted two more items for sale yesterday
    do tell. Unless its perhaps bassboobs16.




  8. #8
    ngsm13's Avatar
    ngsm13 is offline BSEE



    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    35,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    Already in effect in.

    In theory. You are not allowed to interact in a transaction, if you have current negative feedback.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166292

    Revoking priviledges isn't something we can do. We can lock/delete/move/ban.

    nG




    http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

  9. #9
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    maybe just locking all that persons FS threads with a warning until things are 100% cleared up?

    i have nobody in mind particularly, but a particular user that i dealt with a few weeks back prompted me to post this

    if you dont know who i am referring to i can pm you his user name




  10. #10
    trueplaya89's Avatar
    trueplaya89 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    407, FL
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    maybe just locking all that persons FS threads with a warning until things are 100% cleared up?

    i have nobody in mind particularly, but a particular user that i dealt with a few weeks back prompted me to post this

    if you dont know who i am referring to i can pm you his user name


    Man, maybe we just need SSS here. And maybe encourage the use of heatware?




  11. #11
    Scoobydoo's Avatar
    Scoobydoo is offline POOPSIE McSQUIRTYSHORTS

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DINGLEBERRY
    Posts
    9,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    Quote Originally Posted by trueplaya89 View Post
    Man, maybe we just need SSS here. And maybe encourage the use of heatware?
    ya, SSS hates scammers and trolls with a passion, good guy to know if you do get scammed




  12. #12
    ngsm13's Avatar
    ngsm13 is offline BSEE



    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    35,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    Took care of on thread, feel free to PM me any others whenever if you notice them. I can't catch everything.

    nG




    http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

  13. #13
    joetama's Avatar
    joetama is offline The British Ear



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,306
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: potential scammers and numerous sales

    for this idea.







Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum