Closed Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Reload Thread: How 'bout them elections, Goob?

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Re: How 'bout them elections, Goob?

all mod's should have setups that must at least do 150 db's

newusername is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipx99 View Post
    How can we increase the maturity level here to be the same? I guess I am part of the problem.
    You can't. If DIYMA continues to increase in terms of it's membership size, it will get stupider and stupider, just like all sites. The human race is not a pretty thing to behold and with a large enough sample, you get to see just how retarded we are.

From experience as an admin and moderator on several other forums, the best type of moderator is the one that no one knows too much about. Well known moderators that post a lot will eventually say or do something that will bother someone who has too much free time. Also, there's no need (especially with such a large member base) to have a moderator who knows a lot about car audio; you just need a moderator that can moderate (I know, real weird concept). The only exception to this would be if there was an attempt to collaborate and compile a knowledge base (which I don't know why this site hasn't done considering the minds at work here).

Being a part of a website's staff is one of the most thankless things you will ever do. I enjoy doing it because you can take a certain sense of pride in helping to improve or maintain a body of work, but don't bother signing up if you're looking for e-cool points.

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So we should cull folks from DIYMA?

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

newusername is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So we should cull folks from DIYMA?
    Most of the folks on DIYMA are here as well. But on a board with 40,000 members, a couple hundred good posters get lost pretty quickly amongst a much larger number of post dumping trolls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats why i vote for myself...im still learning car audio....but im on the site almost all day every day....

2008 TBSS
    Current Build:
    HU: DEH-80PRS
    Front Stage: ID CTX65CS
    Amplifier: Memphis Big Belle
    Subwoofer: TC Sounds LMS-R 12 in a High Output Enclosure 2.5 @ 30

Too many CA.com transactions to list.

CaliforniabOY5 is offline My Posts Were Deleted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DIYMA is basically unmoderated
    I am curious why....

I act differently there, as do many members here. I think its the fact that most of the people here are 20somethings and most of the people there are in their 30s.
    BINGO.

That is what I have seen too. Flip, you hit it right on the head.

I have attended 2 meets set up over at DIYMA, one of the bigger So-Cal meets we had was earlier this month spinned off of one of my posts . I have met a great number of people from this forum and DIYMA. The age range and knowledge base at DIYMA is much greater because they most likely have more experiance and with their mature level being higher it shows. I am a proud DIYMA member, most of my time there is spent reading and learning and I am happy with that

Refs: Louisiana CRX, rpfuror, marcusb419er ,JohnnyChuttz, qtipextra,Toxic Tuan,
    jmanpc(x2),tapout(x2),LBC99,TeamPSI,gl0ck, Blazemore ,brtnboarder3241(x2), genxx, hotshot27, mattmcss, calikid, Regal8r,SilverSPL, aGent,bbb543,mr_kebo
    and more on diymobileaudio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573 View Post

CA.com - we may not be able to impart any knowledge whatsoever regarding your inquiries about car audio equipment...but at least we're entertaining!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoSayWho? View Post
    Platestacker + Twistid = Plenty of reason to worry about the quality of recruits in the USAF.
    RollinGTO Loves Me!

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    I got your elderly right here

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

2kchevy06civic is offline Learn to swim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    night and day comparison to here I would say
    because most people view this forum as a place to just say and do whatever. Whenever I'm over at SSA or elite or diy mobile I conduct myself in a grown up manner. Whenever I've over here however, sh1t just hits the fan and I say whatever. I think it's just the environment really......as you previously stated there are a lot of younger people who just come here and raise he11. However, I would never want SSA for sure to be anything like CA.com. Just different reasons for viewing said forum :P

and ramos isn't elderly. He's just wise ^_^

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qbenjamin View Post
    Here you go again, what statement did that kid make? What question did he propose? Selective reading kicked in again huh? Just because you have some lil kid riding your scrotum, does not mean that you are right. /story.
    I thought you were done talking to me? Your answer to everything is either selective reading skills or they're a child.

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2kchevy View Post
    because most people view this forum as a place to just say and do whatever. Whenever I'm over at SSA or elite or diy mobile I conduct myself in a grown up manner. Whenever I've over here however, sh1t just hits the fan and I say whatever. I think it's just the environment really......as you previously stated there are a lot of younger people who just come here and raise he11. However, I would never want SSA for sure to be anything like CA.com. Just different reasons for viewing said forum :P

and ramos isn't elderly. He's just wise ^_^
    one big reason i see for the level of maturity is just for the fact if you type in car audio on google or whichever search engine its one of the top results that comes up.

its easily accessible and generally becomes the first place kids trying to find information go to.

which obviously has both its benefits and downfalls.

CrazedCat is offline Right boot. Got it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Punk0Rama View Post
    You can't. If DIYMA continues to increase in terms of it's membership size, it will get stupider and stupider, just like all sites. The human race is not a pretty thing to behold and with a large enough sample, you get to see just how retarded we are.

From experience as an admin and moderator on several other forums, the best type of moderator is the one that no one knows too much about. Well known moderators that post a lot will eventually say or do something that will bother someone who has too much free time. Also, there's no need (especially with such a large member base) to have a moderator who knows a lot about car audio; you just need a moderator that can moderate (I know, real weird concept). The only exception to this would be if there was an attempt to collaborate and compile a knowledge base (which I don't know why this site hasn't done considering the minds at work here).

Being a part of a website's staff is one of the most thankless things you will ever do. I enjoy doing it because you can take a certain sense of pride in helping to improve or maintain a body of work, but don't bother signing up if you're looking for e-cool points.
    couldn't have said it better myself.

330i
    Eclipse | Dynaudio | Zapco | RE

refs
    3.5Max6spd, 6spdcoupe, nismos14, Drunkship, lost1700, spike_e, rcnshoe, djdilliodon, Flossinon24S, lslugz, kinglowlife, blazeplacid

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As with all sites, you will never be able to satisfy everyone. No difference if you have 33,000 posts or 100, a mod just needs to mod, and not act like a 16 year old.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What if it is a teen forum?

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What if it is a teen forum?
    This is only referring to this site.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Silver is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't read any of this crap I stopped at the arguing around page 2 or 3 or whatever it was.

I think for every couple sections of the forum there should be like 2 or 3 different people monitoring instead or 11 or 12 (i dunno how many) montioring the whole forum.

It make things alot easier and e-penises would be to a min.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14041_2.gif
    07 Jeep GC - Viper reps / afe stage 2 / chipped / h&r lowering springs

Stock stereo

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast