User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!

DSMRevolution is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon14 12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!

Hey everybody, this weekend I am going to build a enclosure for my 12" Eclipse DVC subwoofer (model SW7124DVC-T4) and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions and help!

First
    , I am deciding if I want to do a sealed enclosure or a slot vented (or ported) enclosure. I know the advantages and disadvantages of each which leads me to believe I will enjoy this subwoofer in a slot vented enclosure more. I mostly listen to rap music but on occasion I like to listen to R+B, rock, etc. Now my question is though, will this subwoofer work well in a slot vented enclosure?

Second, I do not understand what size I should make the enclosure in CuFt (depending on enclosure type of course). What would work best for this subwoofer? I have the installation manual and it shows 4 different enclosure specs (3 sealed, 1 ported). The specs are as follows:

Sealed Enclosure 0.5 CuFt F3 = 45HZ
    Sealed Enclosure 1.0 CuFt F3 = 41HZ
    Sealed Enclosure 1.5 CuFt F3 = 40HZ

Ported Enclosure 1.75 CuFt F3 = 30HZ
    Port Information = 3" Diameter x 12" Long
    (Caution: Ported Enclosures must use Subsonic Filter, for safe operation below Fb. Set subsonic to 25HZ) **What is this?

Are any of these enclosures, enclosures I would even want as far as enclosure size (CuFt)? I understand that enclosure size recommendations are dependent on your music listening type so what would you recommend? Also I will be powering this subwoofer with a Phoenix Gold XENON X400.1 monoblock amplifier if it matters.

Third, I don't have the time to come up with the measurements I need for the box construction so if anybody is willing to help I will gladly contribute $$ to your PayPal account (for a good designer and box design of course).

I have all the specs for this subwoofer (which can also be found here ) if you need any additional information. Keep in mind that I have the SW7124DVC-T4 (4ohm+4ohm) subwoofer.

If you are interested in helping me design plans for a box then you are welcome to PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thank you in advance for the help. It is more then appreciated!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!

Here are a few pictures I took from the installation manual. If it is hard to read any of it let me know and I will try to get better pictures or type it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!-specs1.jpg   12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!-specs2.jpg   12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!-specs3.jpg   12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!-specs4.jpg  

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 12" Eclipse (7214) Subwoofer: Help designing/understanding enclosure!

Anybody? Please some help would be great.

Closed Thread