Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: need someone to design me a box

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need someone to design me a box

ok boys --- i need someone to design me a box. jmac did my last box but i've pm'd him a couple times to get no response back so i need a box guru to help me out. 2 alpine type x 12"s 4 cf after displacement tuned to 35 hz each sub in its own chamber w/ slot ports. anyone want to help me out here? will pay $10. let me know. i got all the other specs from alpine too.

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

supa_c is offline Abministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need someone to design me a box

Mrray13 does them for $15

amedeuce is offline :crap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

moe lester

References

Sold to jamesdean,jonny101abc,LowLinc,bumpinaintEZ,TurboDu devr4,SVT RELAMPAGO,mk_ ,Burnout956,bonesninja,yenwen,bhsdriller,dalucifer ,BoondockSaints,WillyG4444, alfmoney,btnhfan,dB Dom

Bought From TeamPSI,ace_800, Zxcvtypo,bjfish11,atoz350,timbre-audio,Derrick824, lastcall,eclipsefool,rtillaree,PioneerPimp,6spdcou pe,ctmike,Thieroff

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin buick View Post
    /yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by elmor001 View Post
    I don't think I'm the dumb one here. You just told someone to go divide themself.

H/U Alpine 9887
    Mids Seas ER18RNX
    Tweets LPG 25NFA
    Subs 2 10" Memphis Audio Shallow Mount Subs
    Mids/Tweets Amp Kicker ZX850.4
    Sub Amp Kicker ZX1000.1

negativezeroz is offline Nothing Is Promised

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

moe does good boxes if you dont want to build it, he will..very good boxes

Quote Originally Posted by profilepower
    lol..sum guy thinks a box make subs tight..
    a box might help alil....so you saying if ya 15 is in the same box as my 10. theyre both as tight as each other???
    whatever..the thing is the mark means something..so you thought i have a 10 foot sub???
    this guy is the dumest of you all....HAHahahAHAhaHahAHAhaHa
    oh i think the lil boy complaining is talking about i hit a n instead of a s. it confused him..
    i'm sorry lil boy now is it better......its 10'' is tighter.
    my 2 marks are too far apart i'm going back to 1. it means inches lil boys..ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey803
    ports should ALWAYS be larger than your capacitor
    http://shecant.myminicity.com/ind

Moe Lester is offline 1/3 of TEAM PWNAGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can do it.. shoot me a PM

Raven is offline Lacking social skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ See above post.

Speaking of which, if my newest idea doesn't work out, I'll be sending one your way, too.

ndnbolla is offline Jigga what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how difficult can box designing be? although i dont even know how to design a boxes yet im sure it will be pretty easy to learn if and when i do decide to learn. once you get down the basic principals of port area calculation, its pretty easy to build any kind of box including ported ones.

maybe im missing something?

A couple of hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead? There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ndnbolla
    how difficult can box designing be? although i dont even know how to design a boxes yet im sure it will be pretty easy to learn if and when i do decide to learn. once you get down the basic principals of port area calculation, its pretty easy to build any kind of box including ported ones.

maybe im missing something?
    well since the quality of the sound your looking for is about 90% install/enclosure design--------its a good idea to get it right.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Raven is offline Lacking social skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's *so* much more to it than just port area and length. I talked to Jmac while he was designing mine back in January. I learned more in 3 days than 3 months listening to local dealers. Anyone can cut holes in a sealed box, but the pro can do it right. That's why 2 out of the 2 ported boxes I've made haven't quite been able to sound good. =p

kc313 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    There's *so* much more to it than just port area and length. I talked to Jmac while he was designing mine back in January. I learned more in 3 days than 3 months listening to local dealers. Anyone can cut holes in a sealed box, but the pro can do it right. That's why 2 out of the 2 ported boxes I've made haven't quite been able to sound good. =p

I'd be interested to hear what more there is to it that takes a pro to do? There must be a **** good reason for these "pros" to be charging people $10-$15 for some
    box dimensions

dkc62 is offline SoundStream®

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stupid question but whats included in the design? It's like blue prints right? A step by step instructions also?

ndnbolla is offline Jigga what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think one of the box building pros needs to create a box designing tutorial and one of the mods should sticky it. would be pretty useful. just a basic tutorial about how to create a design for sealed and ported enclosures, not custom boxes.

but a few people could lose business...

A couple of hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead? There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kc313
    I'd be interested to hear what more there is to it that takes a pro to do? There must be a **** good reason for these "pros" to be charging people $10-$15 for some
    box dimensions
    any box guys wanna take this one?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the way i look at it is this----if i have to 10-15 extra bucks to get it right--then thats pretty cheap considering i'll have well over a grand in my trunk alone not including wiring and head unit and interior speakers. so whats an extra couple duckets?

kc313 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonesninja
    the way i look at it is this----if i have to 10-15 extra bucks to get it right--then thats pretty cheap considering i'll have well over a grand in my trunk alone not including wiring and head unit and interior speakers. so whats an extra couple duckets?

This forum is here to help people learn about car audio. I realize you offered to pay someone to design your box right off the bat but in most cases on here, people ask for help designing a box and the first reply they get is "pay someone to do it" or "I'll do it for $15"....I just don't see how this is one bit helpful. If you think you should be getting paid for your services, open up or go to work for an install shop.

In some cases it may be more difficult to design the box but yours and most requests on here are pretty straightforward, you know the volume and tuning frequency you want or they are specified by the manufacturer. It doesn't take much more than 20 minutes to calculate the dimensions for one of these. I often see a few of the people who charge for designs logged onto the forum for hours on end...it is pitiful that they can't take an extra 20 minutes to help out a fellow car audio enthusiast.

bonesninja, if you want a FREE blueprint, send me a pm.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast