Closed Thread

Reload Thread: where do i find resin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

where do i find resin?

my small town has a new home depot and lowe's. i fear the staffs aren't very knowledgable about the items they carry and would like to walk in and be self-dependant while looking for items even though i'm not familiar with the stores(i can never find help when i need it anyhow). i was wondering, what section do i find resin in? should i be looking for a particular type/brand/size?
    there is also an ace hardware and doitbest in town but they are smaller stores and never seem to have what i'm looking for. lowes is the only place in town that carries mdf so i'd prefer to go there first anyhow.

--My truck: 2007 GMC 1500 crew cab, Kenwood DNX570HD, DLS front stage, SQ3500.1, 3x RD Alpha Max 15"s in 6th order blow through, Second Skin deadening.

--Wife's car: 2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, Kenwood DNX470, GermanMAESTRO components on CT125.2, 2x AT10"s on an AT800.1, RF Deadskin deadening.

--Work truck: 2014 GMC 2500 crew cab, Kenwood DNX470, Kenwood front stage, DD M1A on a pair of American Bass XD10s.

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: where do i find resin?

a leaky pine tree is a good place to find resin

lol. all joking aside. a mariene boat store usually will sell stuff like that. and ace does not have any fiberglassing materials

soundstreamer is offline Ω

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

geesh. i never thought of looking at a boat store. thank you

--My truck: 2007 GMC 1500 crew cab, Kenwood DNX570HD, DLS front stage, SQ3500.1, 3x RD Alpha Max 15"s in 6th order blow through, Second Skin deadening.

--Wife's car: 2013 Chevrolet Impala LTZ, Kenwood DNX470, GermanMAESTRO components on CT125.2, 2x AT10"s on an AT800.1, RF Deadskin deadening.

--Work truck: 2014 GMC 2500 crew cab, Kenwood DNX470, Kenwood front stage, DD M1A on a pair of American Bass XD10s.

bcarpenterfhl is offline Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kragen as well, cheaper than home depot i think. home depot's fiberglass stuff is all in the paint section.

JAZN is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as aforementioned, its in the paint section at home depot. the only brand i could find was bondo, it kinda looks like a metal gas tank with a plastic cap. its a yellowish colored container. took me a while to find it cuz i didnt bother asking. half the people there dont know where stuff is. it wasnt in the first set of rows, but in the back set.

Naxis2k1 is offline grade A whiteboy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundstreamer
    my small town has a new home depot and lowe's. i fear the staffs aren't very knowledgable about the items they carry and would like to walk in and be self-dependant while looking for items even though i'm not familiar with the stores(i can never find help when i need it anyhow). i was wondering, what section do i find resin in? should i be looking for a particular type/brand/size?
    there is also an ace hardware and doitbest in town but they are smaller stores and never seem to have what i'm looking for. lowes is the only place in town that carries mdf so i'd prefer to go there first anyhow.
    dont waste your money on buying the 1 quart of resin(depending on project) always buy the gallon. saves money in the long run. also pick up a extra tube of hardener. i really wouldnt worry to much about brand as long as it get the f-ing job done. i use bondo fiberglass, but u could probaly find somthing chaper.

Buckshot is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ The top of the resin thing fresh today. There is a big one and a small ione in that box. Get the big one. BTW you don't need hardener, It comes with it!

Closed Thread