Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Box Builders look

KARLEON is offline Livin' Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box Builders look

If anyone has the spare time, will they go over my box specs with paper and pen. I have bass box pro 6 but i dont know how accurate those programs are. And i just get thrown way off when it comes to tuning a box. I have tried and tried, but my math skills ****. I need to know final airspace of enclosure and how long my port needs to be for each tuning frequency listed below. I have 5 bucks for some nice plans. Thanks alot. Please try to do it ASAP because i want to start on the wood portion of my box this weekend

The box is a prism with a slanted front...

Dimensions are 33W x 16H x 38 (bottom Depth) and 29 (top depth)

I will be using 1" mdf (note, dont account for the wood displacement for the front of the box because thats going to be more so in the backseat. (i know sounds weird, but i know what im trying to say) and plus, i will probably double that 1 inch for my front board..but all that dont have to be accounted for since its going to be on the other side

Oh and i dont need to account for wood thickness for the bottom of the box because its fiberglassed.

Tuning frequency will be around 35hz (if u dont mind, also figured how long the port would need to be if i were to go with a 28hz tuning and a 33hz tuning)

Subs displace around .22 ea

will be using threaded rod for internal bracing

Port size is 15.5H x 6in wide

ULTIMATE SOUNDS & PERFORMANCE Presents TWO DUDES SPL SHOOTOUT - 1st Place Champion

REFERENCES: Bigbassman, Rangerman, Deserheat, Bavarian, Req, Vosschs, George, Mountaineer Man, NGSM13, Kingpin_jeffie, Harrison, Dustin19, Iceteebone, Electrodynamic, Memphis4L, RaiN, Mikemareen, Omietrice, Suleman36, Jmanpc, Kickerlivinloud, ibanender, massiveaudiocw, phoenix88, polecat, j3bus2k3

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Box Builders look

send geroge or Jmac an pm

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i know JMAC computer crashed. Plus i wouldnt want to burdon him with more box plans than he already have..... I'll hit George up later though

ULTIMATE SOUNDS & PERFORMANCE Presents TWO DUDES SPL SHOOTOUT - 1st Place Champion

REFERENCES: Bigbassman, Rangerman, Deserheat, Bavarian, Req, Vosschs, George, Mountaineer Man, NGSM13, Kingpin_jeffie, Harrison, Dustin19, Iceteebone, Electrodynamic, Memphis4L, RaiN, Mikemareen, Omietrice, Suleman36, Jmanpc, Kickerlivinloud, ibanender, massiveaudiocw, phoenix88, polecat, j3bus2k3

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would try but I am not that expericed yet......

but i heard bass box pro is a great program.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBX2G
    send geroge or Jmac an pm
    By the way, that girl in the middle of your sig i'd like to do this to her butt lol, nice sig...noticed it along time ago...figured i'd finally stop starring and comment on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thnx my home boi made it

but isn't the bottom of ur box going to be fiberglass????? so there should be some funny shapes there.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea, imma use packing peanuts or something to calculate that airspace....im thinking i should get about 1.5 - 2 cubes there

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

they'll need to know that airspace amount before they can do any actual calculations for the port length bro.....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh yea.... urgh.....say 2 cubes.......close enough...i'll try to figure it out for sure when i get off work..Good looking out

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well the calculator in audiobahninc.c said ur port lenght should be 91.34 in to achivce an Frequency of 35. Now i have kno idea if thsi is right or not.

Mr. Loki is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For starters I have to ask why you say you need 1 inch mdf are you looking at 6,000watts or more? If not then why couldnt you use 3/4. The tuning all matters on how tall the port can be, because the width can easily be 1 inch wide and be able to tune low with little depth. With that in mind are you after a slot port? Circle port? Give more info...or I can come up wit some plans if you give me the dimensions you have to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah it is slot cus he gave 2 dimensions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ooops my fault could have meant square or circumfrence for cirle they all have 2 dimensions...and 15in height with 1 in width is gonna get lower.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats roughly 9 cubes also so he is an idea tell us the subs to better help us.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow, i had no idea my post was so complicated. I figured i had mostly everything you guys needed to know. Oh well, guess i was wrong. May i ask why sub selection is important? Especially if i already told you how much each sub displaces? I can see if i didnt give that information, but to answer your question its Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 15s.

Also, no im not running 6,000W or more. Im running roughly 2400. I never said i NEEDED to have 1" MDF but thats my choice of wood to go with. I dont know, i guess somewhere down the line i have picked up on the fact of having a sturdy enclosure is good. So the thicker the wood the better. Go figure, I DO HAVE A CLUE ON WHAT IM DOING.

Again, i do have a clue on what im doing. I know i can have a port that is 1inch wide but still have it tuned low. Im definately not dumb. I gave dimenisions for a reason. Only real question i can see on here is if it was going to be a vented enclosure, but i guess i assumed that would of been known since i gave the dimensions of the port.

Am i blind or am i the only one who see that i did give you dimensions of what i wanted my box to be like? No offense, but i really dont think i would like for you to help me out with plans. I got off work early today, i'll go ahead and figure it out myself... Thanks for all the help though

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast