Closed Thread

Reload Thread: box recomendations for my trunk? needs a rebuild, low ported space

maniackilla is offline cout<<"c++";

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

box recomendations for my trunk? needs a rebuild, low ported space

i have 4 12s in a 7cube box before all displacement and i have talked to a few people since i bought the box. i asked when it was made to add bracing in the center but they left that out. and the port didnt have mny screws on the front peice of the port. my box is clacking like mad when i turn it up. i was also told that after displaceement and port and all that ... that my subs are seeing ~1 cube each all said and done. 7 cubes is basically like being knocked down to 4 cubes there.

im wondering if theres anyway to have a ported box strong enough to fit in my trunk thats not unreasonably expensive or hard to do. the current one is 30" wide, 35" deep, and 12" tall. subs facing upwards, port facing the rear, tuned to 35hz. modifying the box i have now is the obvious choice .... but this thing literally wont come out in one peice *tried* and disassembling the box in the trunk, which cant fit a drill for the last 56 or so screws, with a hammer+screwdriver to pry thru liquid nails, then setting something underneath the 2 rear subs inside the box to give pull-ability to the top of the box would be another 6pm-2am job :P

im wondering ... should i just go sealed? i could face all subs up, and it would give them more space, and i could even make 2 different boxes each holding 2 subs. the box was originally gonna be 32hz ... but iw as alked into 35 and im mising ym low ends and the quality flies away when the box flexes.

ehhh any suggestions? here are some pics
    http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthrea...390#post572390

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: box recomendations for my trunk? needs a rebuild, low ported space

i remember that thread.

and that box is utterly gigantic. why not make 2 smaller ported boxes subs facing inwards or upwards with port facing rear\up\cabin?

im sure you could get nigh on 2.5~4 cubes per box (after displacements) because you can move them once in the car.. and they would go in a hell of alot eaiser because they would be seperate... and the smaller size would increase the strength by quite a margin- and i bet you would keep the same output too.

i also suggest coating it in resin and some fiberglass on the inside.. prolly make it a bit stronger and not too hard to do at all.

i bet you could do it like this, and you might be able to use the MDF from that box still too (if you cut it right the first time and made sure everything was perfect.

maybe cut the boxes down to like 2.5 cubes for both woofers after displacements if you are that tight on space (keep origional 7cubes this way) or maybe 2.2 or even 2.

but bigger = more output. but im sure you know that, and im sure those subs will be fucing loud no matter what you do with em =)

i really like your sig by the way. the blue wire kicks ***.

hell. why not make some fiberglass mould to the sides of the trunk, and port it like my box.

heres my thread;
    http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthrea...2&page=1&pp=30

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah i've seen your post too. yea i was wanting it that way for those reasons. but the guy said he would brace ym box ... then he didnt and its all crazy now as you can see lol. i have been thinking today about that ... b/c once in the trunk i can move boxes if there are more smaller boxes.

would this be my best bet for SPL? 2 smaller boxes tuned on the far side? that way they can stil face up and i can use extra room on the ends for port area. im still open to suggestions

InhumanAcura is offline 1/3ofTEAM PwNAGE..*****es

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Gotta work at it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

would building slightly larger net volume boxes holding 2 subs each *or a box for each sub* and placing an aero port help any? ive heard these subs perform loudest with small enclosures and aero ports. and the ports wouldnt take up much room

again im just throwing thoughts .....
    Last edited by maniackilla; 09-28-2004 at 12:00 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

would i benefit better for spl if i went with 2 ported boxes each holding 2 subs facing up and ports up/back or just get a certain sealed volume *larger volume capability*. i cant find any specs or t/s for these subs
    Last edited by maniackilla; 09-30-2004 at 02:57 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniackilla
    would i benefit better for spl if i went with 2 ported boxes each holding 2 subs facing up and ports up/back or just get a certain sealed volume *larger volume capability*. i cant find any specs or t/s for these subs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Closed Thread