Closed Thread

Reload Thread: ported box help

kozzmozmo is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ported box help

Right now I have a sealed box for my two kicker s12l7 and im giving them each 750 rms. Don't get me wrong they kick violentley, hell im too scared to turn them up over 60 percent, im scared my car would fall apart or something. The problem is the box extends into where my convertible top should lay down preventing it from doing so, and I dont wanna break my glass again

What I have to do is build a box for a trunk that will not impead the movement of my top. I also have limited room to do so in as it is the trunk of a 1994 mustang. I would like about 5 cu. ft. total volume. To get the volume I need I'm going to have to build an irrigular shaped box. It's gonna have to look something like this. /-------------- -\ (sides will be like a triangle and sloped down)
    / / -|P|- \ \
    /___/ s s \_ _\

Where the s's are is where the subs would be facing. Would It be ok to have them at about a 90 degree angle to each other? I'm worred the subs would sorta cancel each other out. ALso I don't know how well a port would work with this design. The "P" is where the port would be. I guess the port would still be effective in this design? Also would it be ok to use 3/4 plywood instead of 3/4 MDF?

It's also gona be difficult for me to figure out the exact volume once the box ever gets built and then ill have even more trouble figuiring out how to build the port...
    Maybe I should just stick with a sealed box but I think a ported box would be much more efficient?..Please help thanks

kozzmozmo is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ported box help

haha never ill cram them in there somehow......

Closed Thread