Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Aero Port advice on a 2.0ft^3(?) box

This is my first box build!!..Just looking for some help on what size aero port, I know my box is a little big but because Im low on money I'm recycling this sealed box from my previous set-up of two 325rms clarion subs and turning it into one big aero ported box for my single alpine swr10d4..also how much will a bigger box effect my bass?

Box dimension's- 24x12x12

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5976 Post(s)

Re: Aero Port advice on a 2.0ft^3(?) box

Quote Originally Posted by one_armed_bandi View Post
    This is my first box build!!..Just looking for some help on what size aero port, I know my box is a little big but because Im low on money I'm recycling this sealed box from my previous set-up of two 325rms clarion subs and turning it into one big aero ported box for my single alpine swr10d4..also how much will a bigger box effect my bass?

Box dimension's- 24x12x12
    thats not 2 cubic feet thats 1.44 cubic feet which is tiny. after port and sub displacement you are at 1.17 cubes. just barely enough for the sub. however its side ported however doesnt need to be flared

If you want a port firing the same direction of the sub, you'll need to make it an aero port with flares, this is extremely low port area and you might run into compression but its gonna fire towards the rear along with the sub so you might gain some extra dbs from that along with being tuned lower.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

one_armed_bandi is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

figured my math was wrong on the volume, thanks ! but I'm still confused, the manual says the biggest net is 1.0 ft^3? not unless im looking at it wrong which is possible ha http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...2_4_12D2_4.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5976 Post(s)

figured my math was wrong on the volume, thanks ! but I'm still confused, the manual says the biggest net is 1.0 ft^3? not unless im looking at it wrong which is possible ha http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...2_4_12D2_4.pdf
    from owning type Rs, those recommendations are BS. they get a lot louder and sound better with a bigger box. especially depending on the amount of power you run to them.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Good thing I came here then ! ..Thanks!This info is golden! I greatly appreciate it!... I have a clarion dpx11551 mono which does 1550 so it'll get it's 1000watts np

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5976 Post(s)

Good thing I came here then ! ..Thanks!This info is golden! I greatly appreciate it!... I have a clarion dpx11551 mono which does 1550 so it'll get it's 1000watts np
    actually at 1000 watts you might want to actually go down to 1 cubic feet. You can add additional bracing to take up airspace in the box and make it stronger. the less power you run, the bigger you want the box to be, the more power you run, the less airspace needed.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

that's a big 10/4 over n out

+ Reply to Thread