Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need some help with displacement of ports and drivers.

ky babyn is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

need some help with displacement of ports and drivers.

hay i have two alpine twelve inch type rs and im not sure wich is the right displacement.

Displacement (front mount)- 0.128 ft Cubed
    Displacement (rear mount)- 0.163 ft Cubed
    added volume (Reverse mount)- 0.073 ft Cubed

which way does this mean two mount. i found the calculators over at carstereo but to determine the drivers displacement they have a standerdized displacement for a 12 inch. that cant be acurate can it. if i do what they say i get 0.00073511. so is reverse mount the right spec or is it just a coincidence? it sais added volume so is that whats added two the inside of the box?

i read that i have to calculate port dimensions twice because they will change with new box dimensions from port and sub displacement. so first i find box dimensions for the ammount of airspace that i need. then i find my port dimensions . then add up the displacement of my subs,braces,ports and add that to the already ammount of airspace i need for my dimensions of my box. then i get my new dimensions for my box but this wont change the already calculated port size will it? i still have the same ammount of airspace the box is just bigger cause their are other things inside acounting for the bigger size so why should the port dimensions change?
    Last edited by ky babyn; 07-04-2004 at 09:44 PM. Reason: new info

Closed Thread