Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Reload Thread: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

  1. #1
    SMALLFLAVOR's Avatar
    SMALLFLAVOR is offline Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    wyoming cty, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    make sure to include all measurments needed in a PM to me

    type of sub
    # of subs

    # of chambers

    sealed or ported what freq


    please note

    these might not be perfect but what can you expect im doin it for free







  2. #2
    SMALLFLAVOR's Avatar
    SMALLFLAVOR is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    wyoming cty, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    yeah

    im just practicing if any one wants anything fancy ill send em your way

    theres still lots i dont know

    but ill help out the newbies with the simple box plans for now




  3. #3
    smullen's Avatar
    smullen is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Quote Originally Posted by SMALLFLAVOR
    yeah

    im just practicing if any one wants anything fancy ill send em your way

    theres still lots i dont know

    but ill help out the newbies with the simple box plans for now
    I plan on buying a box from Gnomeaudio as soon as I get the cash, but I'd like to try my hand at building a vented one myself... Then compare the two...

    So, I got one for ya....

    I'd like a vented enclosure for a single 12" XXX...
    SQL Box, so I'm thinking like 35hz (open for suggestions, I listem mostly to Rap)

    I have about 1500 watts to put the the sub...

    For space, I'm fairly open....

    Outside wood measurements I have

    36" Wide
    14" Height (maybe able to squeeze another .5 if we
    need it)

    Depth, we can play around with that a bunch 12-16" More, What
    do we need???

    I've been hearing I should try a CRX style box with the sub facing up and the port facing the rear?

    I dunno, I have had good luck facing the sub to the back, but thay have all been sealed boxes...

    Lemme know..



    NRA Lifetime Patron Member

  4. #4
    Randy Savage's Avatar
    Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    21,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    10
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Smullen, I had a box plan for you, but you never contacted me and I threw it out a few days ago...





  5. #5
    SMALLFLAVOR's Avatar
    SMALLFLAVOR is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    wyoming cty, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    smullen

    pm me your email addy




  6. #6
    smullen's Avatar
    smullen is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Quote Originally Posted by snova031
    Smullen, I had a box plan for you, but you never contacted me and I threw it out a few days ago...
    Sorry man, I did not know...

    I guess I did not see your post, I musta missed it... That or I'm on some crack..



    NRA Lifetime Patron Member

  7. #7
    smullen's Avatar
    smullen is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Quote Originally Posted by SMALLFLAVOR
    smullen

    pm me your email addy
    Check your PMs, I sent it..



    NRA Lifetime Patron Member

  8. #8
    Strecker25's Avatar
    Strecker25 is offline Better than everyone



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    27
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    id like to get a larger, high tuned box to see what i can get my diamond audio 12" m6 to do. ported at maybe 40hz? someone help me out there not sure of spl tuning. and not sure about size the tallest i can go is like 16" i believe but i have like 4ft side to side and alot of room for depth. my daily is 1.6cubes so maybe like 3, or larger?



    Panasonic CQ-HR1003U
    Twin Diamond Audio M6 12D4's
    3.2Ft^3 @33hz
    Viper Audio d1200.1
    Diamond Audio M651 5.25" components
    Profile Clarus CL800
    200amp alt, big3

    2 Gallons of eDead v3 ( Group Buy )
    40sqft eDead V1se
    20sqft Dynamat extreme

    Pictures of the setup

    Video of the M6's

    All in a 94 Lumina

  9. #9
    Jesse98's Avatar
    Jesse98 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clyde, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Strecker25
    id like to get a larger, high tuned box to see what i can get my diamond audio 12" m6 to do. ported at maybe 40hz? someone help me out there not sure of spl tuning. and not sure about size the tallest i can go is like 16" i believe but i have like 4ft side to side and alot of room for depth. my daily is 1.6cubes so maybe like 3, or larger?
    http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70900

    had to jump on anything about Diamond Audio, here are the plans for the box I have straight from Diamond Audio check it out.

    (sorry pics are messed up, you can see them at my sounddomain page for now though)




  10. #10
    Strecker25's Avatar
    Strecker25 is offline Better than everyone



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    27
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    thats the box diamond recommends for ported right? cus thats the exact same one i built and am running now (actually in the process of glassing and painting the front panel and covering the rest in vinyl or carpet. Im actually just tryin to see how loud i can really get this sub. Wouldnt run it daily by any means. btw whys that box called a transmission line box or whatever



    Panasonic CQ-HR1003U
    Twin Diamond Audio M6 12D4's
    3.2Ft^3 @33hz
    Viper Audio d1200.1
    Diamond Audio M651 5.25" components
    Profile Clarus CL800
    200amp alt, big3

    2 Gallons of eDead v3 ( Group Buy )
    40sqft eDead V1se
    20sqft Dynamat extreme

    Pictures of the setup

    Video of the M6's

    All in a 94 Lumina

  11. #11
    Jesse98's Avatar
    Jesse98 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clyde, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Strecker25
    thats the box diamond recommends for ported right? cus thats the exact same one i built and am running now (actually in the process of glassing and painting the front panel and covering the rest in vinyl or carpet. Im actually just tryin to see how loud i can really get this sub. Wouldnt run it daily by any means. btw whys that box called a transmission line box or whatever
    well its not a port box, Diamond has specs for a port box, a sloted port box, and this TL box, notice how far the line (sound waves) has to travel to exit the port (did you see all the slots inside the box) (builds pressure the farther it has to travel (in a way there lots more to it but easy way to think about it). That guy in that thread gave me a hard time daying it wasnt a TL box (enev though he had never heard of Diamond Audio), but I used the Diamond Audio cut sheet I got from my dealer. This is the recomended box by Diamond Audio and it is great got two 10"s in a terrible car for audio and they sound awsome.




  12. #12
    Omarvelous's Avatar
    Omarvelous is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,371
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Quote Originally Posted by smullen
    I plan on buying a box from Gnomeaudio as soon as I get the cash, but I'd like to try my hand at building a vented one myself... Then compare the two...

    So, I got one for ya....

    I'd like a vented enclosure for a single 12" XXX...
    SQL Box, so I'm thinking like 35hz (open for suggestions, I listem mostly to Rap)

    I have about 1500 watts to put the the sub...

    For space, I'm fairly open....

    Outside wood measurements I have

    36" Wide
    14" Height (maybe able to squeeze another .5 if we
    need it)

    Depth, we can play around with that a bunch 12-16" More, What
    do we need???

    I've been hearing I should try a CRX style box with the sub facing up and the port facing the rear?

    I dunno, I have had good luck facing the sub to the back, but thay have all been sealed boxes...

    Lemme know..
    What happen to the 6 xxxs?



    NOW
    2007 Maxima SE
    -HU: Stock
    -Goodies: 15" MX + Orion 2500D = sexAYYY

    Quote Originally Posted by bimma85
    Guess Im an internet nobody , but guess what; Im a real life somebody .

  13. #13
    Strecker25's Avatar
    Strecker25 is offline Better than everyone



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Age
    27
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse98
    well its not a port box, Diamond has specs for a port box, a sloted port box, and this TL box, notice how far the line (sound waves) has to travel to exit the port (did you see all the slots inside the box) (builds pressure the farther it has to travel (in a way there lots more to it but easy way to think about it). That guy in that thread gave me a hard time daying it wasnt a TL box (enev though he had never heard of Diamond Audio), but I used the Diamond Audio cut sheet I got from my dealer. This is the recomended box by Diamond Audio and it is great got two 10"s in a terrible car for audio and they sound awsome.
    yea i built the box and although there was lots of cutting it was well worth it, and i only had 420 goin to my m6, soon ill be sendin around 700 :veryhappy



    Panasonic CQ-HR1003U
    Twin Diamond Audio M6 12D4's
    3.2Ft^3 @33hz
    Viper Audio d1200.1
    Diamond Audio M651 5.25" components
    Profile Clarus CL800
    200amp alt, big3

    2 Gallons of eDead v3 ( Group Buy )
    40sqft eDead V1se
    20sqft Dynamat extreme

    Pictures of the setup

    Video of the M6's

    All in a 94 Lumina

  14. #14
    i3abyjay25's Avatar
    i3abyjay25 is offline Get F'n Loud



    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    a ported box for a 15 Shocker Extreme .. 1200 rms
    external 35.5 x 14 x 20...
    sub will have to face upwards...
    not sure how to build the port on this....
    this would be going in the back of a civic sedan... the port, if possible.. i would like it to extend upand thru the back of the rear deck.....
    tuned to about 35Hz



    Fs/t


    Orion 2500d
    Orion 4004
    250 amp alt w. external voltage reg. for a ford explorer

    Refs: Electrodynsmic, Millerboy, Ugaboiii, Ezekiel81923, Toaster, Team Psi, KickerCivic1, MatrxxDude, TommyK90, Xterra02_Pat

  15. #15
    SMALLFLAVOR's Avatar
    SMALLFLAVOR is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    wyoming cty, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bored and willing to do a few free box plans

    yeah i saw that thread

    sorry to hear that bro but hopefully it helps

    good luck

    and i hope u get spong bathed by beautiful women lol




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum