Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Re: Box build for RE audio 15" destroyer in an avalanche

as of now i am on stock alt 130amp i believe, no batts cuz it not draining my voltage any lower than 13.2v, but have 0gauge and big 3. When i get a diff amp i will be ggetting a 300amp alt i found on ebay and at least one batt.
    Idk of any amps that are .5 ohm stable so for those saying to get one, any suggestions?
    @doesdad, idk how its bein held back so much when like i said it has bottomed out on lows already so more power i would think would just shred it apart!?
    @bbeljefe i have the slightest clue how to build a t line, would love to have on but i hear they have to be absolutely perfect in order to sound good and i have no clue how to calculate it all out lol.

bbeljefe is offline Premium Member bbeljefe is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    676 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plexlove View Post
    as of now i am on stock alt 130amp i believe, no batts cuz it not draining my voltage any lower than 13.2v, but have 0gauge and big 3. When i get a diff amp i will be ggetting a 300amp alt i found on ebay and at least one batt.
    Idk of any amps that are .5 ohm stable so for those saying to get one, any suggestions?
    @doesdad, idk how its bein held back so much when like i said it has bottomed out on lows already so more power i would think would just shred it apart!?
    @bbeljefe i have the slightest clue how to build a t line, would love to have on but i hear they have to be absolutely perfect in order to sound good and i have no clue how to calculate it all out lol.
    First off, CT Sounds amps are .5Ω stable. As for your sub bottoming out, it's more than likely unloading due to an improperly designed enclosure.

As for t-lines, they are painfully simple to calculate and they do not have to be absolutely perfect. More myths spread by teh interwebz.... ;-)

What is true about them is that they are incredibly difficult to design inside the constraints of most vehicles. This isn't because of the math, it's because a line is, literally, a 7-9' long port.

Owner, Audio Anarchy, LLC
    2915 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA
    318-780-6149

Authorized Dealer in NW Louisiana for CT Sounds & Execution Audio. We also carry other products but you really don't want that stuff... ;-)

plexlove is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

I appreciate your advice but i can assure you my enclosure is not "improperly designed"... I had the specs of the sub and built it to match PERFECT! It is exactly what it called for, it is also double baffled and braced. The bottoming out is def not "unloading", if this sub is capable of handling 4k then even in the worst made enclosure it shouldnt bottom out or come remotely close running on 1.5k (if even that).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2