Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Enclosure for 8's & 6.5's

ShayneF is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Enclosure for 8's & 6.5's

I had to do a fair bit of work to the doors to get the 5-3/8's in there. I had to cut some steel out and weld some back in, move the window track a bit, and make a spacer for them, and there is no room in the cabin to build a pod that sticks out. The 6.5's are a lot bigger so I don't think it is possible to fit them in the same spot.

This vehicle is a bit unusual in some respects. It is a big vehicle, but the cabin layout is not spacious due to a very large trans tunnel. There is not even room to fit a crossover in either of the kick panels!

ShayneF is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Enclosure for 8's & 6.5's

I had to do a fair bit of work to the doors to get the 5-3/8's in there. I had to cut some steel out and weld some back in, move the window track a bit, and make a spacer for them, and there is no room in the cabin to build a pod that sticks out. The 6.5's are a lot bigger so I don't think it is possible to fit them in the same spot.

This vehicle is a bit unusual in some respects. It is a big vehicle, but the cabin layout is not spacious due to a very large trans tunnel. There is not even room to fit a crossover in either of the kick panels! So I have some restrictions to what I can do. This is a 4x4 so it has a lot of design built into it for that purpose, such as a compressor mounted under the rear seat etc, so it is not a dedicated audio build like a lot of members of this forum do.

Unfortunately, I just can't do what would be the best option, so I have to compromise. My head unit has time correction ability, so I will have to mount them in the rear I think, and use settings to get the best out of them. So a rear enclosure foe each one, mounted up above the rear seat height, might be the best option.

Would time correction issues be much different between the rear firewall and the console? Maybe the console idea is still a good one.
    Last edited by ShayneF; 10-14-2013 at 01:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2