Reload Thread: The 4th order thread

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: The 4th order thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nut Hair Trick View Post
    A true 2:1 ratio of my available space of 127.99 would be 42.66l (1.5 cuft) and gives me an FC of 42.32
    If I used 2cuft for the 2 sa12s or 56.63l for the sealed chamber, I get an Fc of 40.22.

The smaller Sealed chamber gave me a higher Fc. I tried it again with both volumes using the T/s parameters on SSA's site and I got much lower FC's 39.6 (42.66l or 1.5 cuft) and 37.155 (56.63l or 2 cuft). I can not access the sundown site because it asks me for a password. The only T/s parameters I can trust right now is that of what Pete extracted. I know this may sound dumb, but would the T/s parameters that I have access to change due to me using (2) D4 Sa12's?
    youre doing something wrong here, you cant use the whole volume of the rear chamber in the equation, because you have two woofers, so you need to use 1/2 of it. makes sense? so, with my tsp's for my sa12, which yours should be close, if you use a 1 cu ft rear chamber per woofer, that will give you an Fc of 44.57hz. Now, since it seems that you want to do a 2:1 ratio, you will need a rear chamber of 2 cu ft, and a front chamber of 4 cu ft, from what I can understand, you have 4.5 cu ft of GROSS volume. so in essence, you dont have room for a 2:1.

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order
    145.18 @33z... with less than 500 watts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDangerV2 View Post
    youre doing something wrong here, you cant use the whole volume of the rear chamber in the equation, because you have two woofers, so you need to use 1/2 of it. makes sense? so, with my tsp's for my sa12, which yours should be close, if you use a 1 cu ft rear chamber per woofer, that will give you an Fc of 44.57hz. Now, since it seems that you want to do a 2:1 ratio, you will need a rear chamber of 2 cu ft, and a front chamber of 4 cu ft, from what I can understand, you have 4.5 cu ft of GROSS volume. so in essence, you dont have room for a 2:1.
    Understood, thanks

All girls are whores, just ask your mom how you got here.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now I have an Fc of 46.3 using 1cuft in volume for each sub for a total of 2 cubes sealed. that will leave me with 2.5 for vent area but that doesnt account for the baffle for each sub as well as .14 displacement for each sub. This is going to be a trunk build with the 2 sealed chambers facing each other with the vented chamber being in the middle porting through the arm rest. The 2 compartment areas (sealed and ported) just might be **** close to being even, unless I were to reduce the size of the sealed compartments.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nut Hair Trick View Post
    Now I have an Fc of 46.3 using 1cuft in volume for each sub for a total of 2 cubes sealed. that will leave me with 2.5 for vent area but that doesnt account for the baffle for each sub as well as .14 displacement for each sub. This is going to be a trunk build with the 2 sealed chambers facing each other with the vented chamber being in the middle porting through the arm rest. The 2 compartment areas (sealed and ported) just might be **** close to being even, unless I were to reduce the size of the sealed compartments.
    a word of advice, more ratio>cone area. so if you have to drop it down to 2 10s, or 2 8s to allow a larger ratio, then do it. this is talking spl wise of course though.

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a word of advice, more ratio>cone area. so if you have to drop it down to 2 10s, or 2 8s to allow a larger ratio, then do it. this is talking spl wise of course though.
    Sounds good, and I do see what you are saying in order to have an efficient 4th order band pass. But, i dont even have to go with a 4th order just for the sake of doing so. I do know with my space available, I have enough room for say (4) 8's, (3)10's, (2) 12's, or (1) 15 for a basic ported enclosure.
    My goals are certainly more musically oriented with a flat response from mid 20's to low 60's or even high 50's,with a little SPL. I have mids that can drop to the low 50's so I say high 60's for overlap. It is nice to run the numbers to see what a 4th order can do and learn about them. I could just as easily construct a ported box, waveguide, or tapered t-line to achieve my goals. Thanks for your help.

Feedback Thread

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

tested more today... couldnt get more than the 145.18, morning it averages 144.5ish, midday and night after its been in the sun all day it meters about a 141.5. really amazing how much the temp of the vehicle matters. but ive got some plans, so hopefully Ill see that 150 by sunday.
    So did you find that 150?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    So did you find that 150?
    nope. was doing 47s, on 1k. but now im out of car audio. more time testing and I could have.

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order

Beatin' is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I suppose it is possible to do an IB setup and add a front chamber so you can have a huge rear "chamber/trunk" that allows the sub to dig down low. What are the cons to this type of 4th order bandpass?

All day I'm clippin'
    voltage be dippin'
    I don't give a damn,
    cause my trunk always hittin'!

creating a proper sound wave. Step one, turn it up until clipping. Step two, done.

SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    I suppose it is possible to do an IB setup and add a front chamber so you can have a huge rear "chamber/trunk" that allows the sub to dig down low. What are the cons to this type of 4th order bandpass?
    Double post

Electrical Engineering Student

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

IB does not equal 4th order bandpass

That's called a ported box

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious. View Post
    IB does not equal 4th order bandpass

That's called a ported box
    the trunk would be sealed off from the front chamber and cabin. Therefore, giving the rear of the subs the same cubic feet of volume as the trunk would have. The front chamber that is firing into the cabin and sealed off from the trunk would be tuned low to give you horrific low end extension at the cost of upper end bass.

That would be a 4th order bandpass that uses the trunk as the rear chamber. My question is, what are the side effects of having a rear chamber that big?

All day I'm clippin'
    voltage be dippin'
    I don't give a damn,

creating a proper sound wave. Step one, turn it up until clipping. Step two, done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    the trunk would be sealed off from the front chamber and cabin. Therefore, giving the rear of the subs the same cubic feet of volume as the trunk would have. The front chamber that is firing into the cabin and sealed off from the trunk would be tuned low to give you horrific low end extension at the cost of upper end bass.

That would be a 4th order bandpass that uses the trunk as the rear chamber. My question is, what are the side effects of having a rear chamber that big?
    You're not understanding here... You literally just described a ported box with the port firing forward and subs firing into the trunk.

vetkilr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Here's me new box:

soloXgt is offline Dinkum Flicka

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

4th order peeps opinions....i've got a 10" 2004 XXX layin around (I can recone to whatever if i wish) and a 12" Eclipse TI collecting dust. As far as a daily driver, without giving a **** about numbers, just lows and loud (while retaining sq) what are my best options for a 4th order build??. Power isn't an issue, but want to limit this to a 10 or 12 (again, either can be reconed if necessary)

HU: AVIC-F90BT
    Sub: 15" Treo SSX
    Amp: MTX TE4001D
    Front: Eclipse SC 8365 x 2
    Amp: Audison LRX 250.2

Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    JL attracts hood rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugnutz View Post
    It has to do with evolution. The blacks have not yet fully evolved from monkey to the current white human. They are in a transition state. That is why they are not very intelligent and have barbaric instincts that cause them to commit crime. It is just the monkey in them.

REFS griffin850, Safe_Cracker, Kamikazekyle05, Korn4Life, blaze383..others on ROE also

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

can you put polyfill in the ported chamber of a bandpass to make it appear bigger to the woofer?

All day I'm clippin'
    voltage be dippin'
    I don't give a damn,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast