Closed Thread

Reload Thread: center console box design help

Only The Best is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

center console box design help

so my buddy has a dodge ram 1500 2006... he is wanting to take his center console out and build a box for a 12" db drive sub ported to the back... hes wanting to keep his entire back seat... so the box isn't going to intrude into the back. really just stopping with the seats. anyone have any cool ideas or pictures of some cool designs?... looking to do most of this in wood if not all of it.

thanks for your input.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: center console box design help

this is the drawup of what he has an idea of what he wants... been lookin on google images... nothing really goes along his wants.
    AF9C3E81-6E6F-41A5-A869-785D949BDECC-9857-0000011E6D9CBCE9_zpsc50f91ed.jpg Photo by zturner94 | Photobucket

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

4 SA-8s, subs up, port up

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the build log... having the subs sittin in the middle there doesn't bother you?... seems like the ports air flow would get annoying.. I feel like I would accidently stick my finger in the sub while it was going when Im not payin attention and drive off the road hahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Only The Best View Post
    I like the build log... having the subs sittin in the middle there doesn't bother you?... seems like the ports air flow would get annoying.. I feel like I would accidently stick my finger in the sub while it was going when Im not payin attention and drive off the road hahahaha
    Thanks man.

And I put em in the box like that so it's a natural arm rest for me, and it doesn't really bother me honestly. Can't wait to sell it and et my jeep so I can put my nightshade 18s in, but I love this install.. And I'm careful with my hands that's for sure

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Thanks man.

And I put em in the box like that so it's a natural arm rest for me, and it doesn't really bother me honestly. Can't wait to sell it and et my jeep so I can put my nightshade 18s in, but I love this install.. And I'm careful with my hands that's for sure
    I know they are sundown and all... but 8"??? can those really get down and compare with 10's and 12's??... I have 2 alpine r 10's atm... and they hit pretty good. but they are sealed... so not too orgasmic on the heavy base songs... but ill tell you what... with my setup... on skrillex and the dirty bass shiz I like its so crystal clear and loud (treble wise). If I keep my trunk since its paid off I think im going to take the whole back seat out and make a whole fiberglass back seat... lol... like ligitamently form seats into the fiberglass and put like 4 batteries and the amps underneath with an air tube connected to one of the air conditioning vents going into the "box". maybe put like 2 15"s in the middle reinforced with wood and have some supertweeters in the upper corners with some 4" midbass's on a formed armrest and like 4 8"'s facing front by your legs bandpassed for the look and have the port aero's towards the amps to keep em cool to save 60 bucks for fans haha...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I know they are sundown and all... but 8"??? can those really get down and compare with 10's and 12's??... I have 2 alpine r 10's atm... and they hit pretty good. but they are sealed... so not too orgasmic on the heavy base songs... but ill tell you what... with my setup... on skrillex and the dirty bass shiz I like its so crystal clear and loud (treble wise). If I keep my trunk since its paid off I think im going to take the whole back seat out and make a whole fiberglass back seat... lol... like ligitamently form seats into the fiberglass and put like 4 batteries and the amps underneath with an air tube connected to one of the air conditioning vents going into the "box". maybe put like 2 15"s in the middle reinforced with wood and have some supertweeters in the upper corners with some 4" midbass's on a formed armrest and like 4 8"'s facing front by your legs bandpassed for the look and have the port aero's towards the amps to keep em cool to save 60 bucks for fans haha...
    Will they hit harder than some kicker 15s? Hell yeah.. I'm running about 1k rms a piece to them all day it does upper 140s on music. If you were to just get in my truck blind folded, you'd easily think they were 2 10s or 12s depending on what subs you're comparing em too

That'd be cool, a crazy idea

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 04murdalanche View Post
    Will they hit harder than some kicker 15s? Hell yeah.. I'm running about 1k rms a piece to them all day it does upper 140s on music. If you were to just get in my truck blind folded, you'd easily think they were 2 10s or 12s depending on what subs you're comparing em too

That'd be cool, a crazy idea
    yeahhh just need funding lol. my estimate on the box / backseat alone would probably be around 650... + over 200 hrs of my life not including wait time on drying. I don't even want to think about what the speakers and amps are going to cost... whelp!.. full setup from boss everything I need 250 lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

yeahhh just need funding lol. my estimate on the box / backseat alone would probably be around 650... + over 200 hrs of my life not including wait time on drying. I don't even want to think about what the speakers and amps are going to cost... whelp!.. full setup from boss everything I need 250 lol

lmao yeah it sure does add up quick

Closed Thread