gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Ported vs. PR for my application

@ciaonzo you got models fo me?

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

In

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    @ciaonzo you got models fo me?
    You see any, yet? lol

Sorry, man. Right when we were having that discussion I began a new position at work which means a relocation for me. I've been home once since then and that was to ship out the drivers I sold. I'm staying at my lady's house until the move is complete. I was basically going to post a comparison of the various plots between a sealed alignment and a vented alignment that illustrate a very similar roll off but with the vented alignment hanging in for a lower F3, obviously. It would have been more in depth but you get the idea...

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    You see any, yet? lol

Sorry, man. Right when we were having that discussion I began a new position at work which means a relocation for me. I've been home once since then and that was to ship out the drivers I sold. I'm staying at my lady's house until the move is complete. I was basically going to post a comparison of the various plots between a sealed alignment and a vented alignment that illustrate a very similar roll off but with the vented alignment hanging in for a lower F3, obviously. It would have been more in depth but you get the idea...
    Oh ok man, it's all good. Got to take care of yourself first. Hope it all works out for ya.

And I've seen a couple plots, enough to where I got a decent feel for what it will look like. So I guess it's not super important if that's what you were gonna throw at me. Thanks for all the info anyway!

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    Oh ok man, it's all good. Got to take care of yourself first. Hope it all works out for ya.

And I've seen a couple plots, enough to where I got a decent feel for what it will look like. So I guess it's not super important if that's what you were gonna throw at me. Thanks for all the info anyway!
    I will be useful at some point, lol. It's pretty stressful right now but I like to log on here and there and laugh at/with you clowns. I think you are gonna love this PR setup, those turned out nice.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    I will be useful at some point, lol. It's pretty stressful right now but I like to log on here and there and laugh at/with you clowns. I think you are gonna love this PR setup, those turned out nice.
    Probably laugh AT us, but it's all good

And dude, I'm really excited to do this. I have never seen a PR setup on higher power than like 2k. I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but I have not seen it anywhere. I like being different
    Just really irks me that I won't be done with this build until about August.

And these are beautiful. I can't say enough about PSI. Dude built these in 2 days, I had them in my hands 4 days after I paid. Dave was in contact with me the whole time, answered my stupid questions, said he built them himself, and even threw in a shirt and some stickers. Much respect for that man and his business.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Soooooooooo, made a really stupid mistake when I reworked the box for PR before. I removed the port, which was over 2 cubes, but didn't cut down any outside dimensions. So, here is the final redesigned box, Buck approved :

Much better. 9 cubes gross, with displacements should bring me down to right around 8.5 net. I'm going to mount inverted, and being a bit bigger leaves me room to mount normally if I need/want to. It also will fit right in between the wheel wells, no building over the wells bullshit. About 6" from the hatch. More than likely getting it built next month.

REALLY glad I caught this. Would have been SO pissed.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Finally started a build log, this is where I'll be posting any updates: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Might come back here in a couple months after I get things installed to update on tuning discoveries and things like that, if for nothing more than thread closure.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Bumpin this back up.

Finally got everything installed. Levi took a dump, but that's of no concern in this thread.

Took a quick video (Can't embed here?):

System - Day 1 - YouTube

Found my tuning as of now to be at 35Hz. Here's a quick video on finding tuning without math:

How to Find Passive Radiator Tuning - YouTube

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4