Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Reload Thread: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

  1. #1
    jwalker36116's Avatar
    jwalker36116 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montgomery,AL
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    I have a 98 Toyota 4Runner, I need help with a enclosure for two Death Penalty 15's powered by a Sundown 3000, I have a good amount of space to work with. My maxx would be 38x38x20 (L x W x H) I'm trying to use the areoports as well. I just need some help, willing to pay if need be. I want something tuned to around 34 herzts.


    Daily Driver with the ablity to prove a point if need be!!!







  2. #2
    PatFitz9's Avatar
    PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    You just looking for box plans? Check the sponsors for help.




    refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

  3. #3
    jwalker36116's Avatar
    jwalker36116 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montgomery,AL
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    Quote Originally Posted by PatFitz9 View Post
    You just looking for box plans? Check the sponsors for help.
    cool




  4. #4
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    What size ports are you trying to use or have access to?




  5. #5
    jwalker36116's Avatar
    jwalker36116 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montgomery,AL
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    What ever woud be best man, I've never really messed with the DP's so Im a virgin with these subs

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    What size ports are you trying to use or have access to?




  6. #6
    NIHL8ION's Avatar
    NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    IlliNOISE
    Posts
    1,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    Here is something I just threw together for you going off of what you said for max dimensions, and your type of subs, said subs volume displacement (.22 each = .44), (Subs Up, Port Front) with about 4cu ft. per sub net airspace (After Port Volume, Subs, 2 Baffles) Tuned to about 34 hz Using 4 - 5" x 15.25" Round Aero Ports - Just a suggested starting point for you possibly... Hope it helps ;-)





    - Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

  7. #7
    pro-rabbit's Avatar
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

    pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    12,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker36116 View Post
    What ever woud be best man, I've never really messed with the DP's so Im a virgin with these subs
    Do you have the ability to make larger ports? If not would you purchase them or are you limited to the 6" psp ports?




  8. #8
    jwalker36116's Avatar
    jwalker36116 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montgomery,AL
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    Thanks its a start!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NIHL8ION View Post
    Here is something I just threw together for you going off of what you said for max dimensions, and your type of subs, said subs volume displacement (.22 each = .44), (Subs Up, Port Front) with about 4cu ft. per sub net airspace (After Port Volume, Subs, 2 Baffles) Tuned to about 34 hz Using 4 - 5" x 15.25" Round Aero Ports - Just a suggested starting point for you possibly... Hope it helps ;-)



    ---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

    What size are you talking, I can buy them or make them if need be

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    Do you have the ability to make larger ports? If not would you purchase them or are you limited to the 6" psp ports?




  9. #9
    NIHL8ION's Avatar
    NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    IlliNOISE
    Posts
    1,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    [QUOTE=jwalker36116;8362163]Thanks its a start!!!

    [COLOR="Silver"]

    ---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

    Yeah I just figured it would be a start to play around with, I mean obviously... I Doubt Any Ports you use/make will have a thickness of .75" (sorry just caught that) being that you are going round & Not slot ported, but it should give you a basis you can work from ;-) Give those subs around 4 cu ft. each and tune to 34hz using 50-80" of port and I'm sure you will like your results :-) GL with your build




    - Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

  10. #10
    jwalker36116's Avatar
    jwalker36116 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montgomery,AL
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    thanx, will post pictures and vids when i get everything done

    [QUOTE=NIHL8ION;8362176]
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker36116 View Post
    Thanks its a start!!!

    [COLOR="Silver"]

    ---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

    Yeah I just figured it would be a start to play around with, I mean obviously... I Doubt Any Ports you use/make will have a thickness of .75" (sorry just caught that) being that you are going round & Not slot ported, but it should give you a basis you can work from ;-) Give those subs around 4 cu ft. each and tune to 34hz using 50-80" of port and I'm sure you will like your results :-) GL with your build




  11. #11
    NIHL8ION's Avatar
    NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !



    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    IlliNOISE
    Posts
    1,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    22
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Customer Enclosure Help!!!! Death Penalty 15's

    [QUOTE=jwalker36116;8362584]thanx, will post pictures and vids when i get everything done

    Nice! Looking forward to seeing those




    - Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. SPL Sub Poll: RE MT 15" vs. IA Death Penalty 15"
    By springy101 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 12:56 PM
  2. Saw a Death Penalty 15 being built.
    By crhye250r in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 12:08 AM
  3. Death Penalty 15s
    By badm0f0 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:48 AM
  4. custom enclosure help
    By djjdnap in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2002, 09:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum