+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: 12" Brahma with 2 10" passive radiators?

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

12" Brahma with 2 10" passive radiators?

I have a 12" Brahma mkII and I want to save space. I already have 2 10" TC Sounds VMP's (OEM cone). I don't have any of the VMP specs, and I can't find them online. I'm a PR enclosure newb, but... From what I've read, xmax is really the only issue. 2 10" should be big enough, but since the brahma has a high xmax, would these work?

Also, I was going to base my design around the LMS-R recommendations of 1.8 cu. ft. I'll fine tune it to get around 28-30hz. Sound like a good idea?

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: 12" Brahma with 2 10" passive radiators?

I've only done a few of the brahmas in ported enclosures so I'm no help. But LONG time no see, how you been?

There's a show/comp at Sudden Impact Customs in Alsip on Sunday the 7th, stop by if you have time.

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ha, I've been good. Out of the game for a while, but my gear was getting old so it's time to rebuild I think I'm just going to go with the PR's and see what happens. A slot ported box will be too much for my little trunk.

I probably won't make it to Alsip, that's a haul (well farther for you, but I'm lazy).

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Sounds very fun. Use the cone area of the PR's for port area in your favorite software, calculate the volume of air that the resulting port length would contain, and use that mass of that volume of air
    for your PR's... Add or subtract mass as needed from there for fine tuning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice!! can't wait to install it.

+ Reply to Thread