Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: 3 to 4 12" W7 subs in crew cab Sierra box help.

NASTY08IMPALA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Re: 3 to 4 12" W7 subs in crew cab Sierra box help.

But seeing this is is fist post chances are the loudest setup he has heard or seen is w7.s and doesnt know theres a broad market beyond the mainstream

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

**** you dude haha get the hell off here @destined2race ;

destined2race is offline Already Being Used....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    I always help in any way i can no matter what nuthugging or popular brand the op wants to use but theres jus alot more bang for the buck than a bunch of w7.s and 1000/1 .s
    But you have no idea what he could even get them for. And maybe then he has local warranty and everything. Alot of people dont want to have to deal with shipping **** everytime theres an issue. I got my w7 new with warranty local for dealer cost. And Ill never ship the thing or wait weeks for emails, etc.

Ive seen threads and seen first hand with **** like Skar, DD, etc. ( case in point the multiple threads "do not by Skar"

I posted in another thread how my buddy has been waiting 6 months for his repaired 15 from a "local" DD seller.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moler1129 View Post
    **** you dude haha get the hell off here @destined2race ;
    Your such a troll gtfo you just got here in April lol. Again youve offered no help this isnt the Dome you dbag.

Headunit - Kenwood DDX 318 4v double din
    Front Stage - JL Audio c2 6.5 comp set
    Rear Stage - Jl Audio VR 6" comp set
    Front stage amp - OS Sony (.005 THD Rated)
    Sub Stage - 2 10" IDs 1cu sealed per
    Sub Stage Amp - Boston Acoustic GT-28
    Big 3, SVR800 Batt, JL Blue Line Rca's, 0 ga JL kit
    Refs - The_Grimy_One, Deusle, zach90z, shineman08, Orion 2500D

4. Likes wickedwitt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by destined2race View Post
    But you have no idea what he could even get them for. And maybe then he has local warranty and everything. Alot of people dont want to have to deal with shipping **** everytime theres an issue. I got my w7 new with warranty local for dealer cost. And Ill never ship the thing or wait weeks for emails, etc.

Ive seen threads and seen first hand with **** like Skar, DD, etc. ( case in point the multiple threads "do not by Skar"

I posted in another thread how my buddy has been waiting 6 months for his repaired 15 from a "local" DD seller.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Your such a troll gtfo you just got here in April lol. Again youve offered no help this isnt the Dome you dbag.
    True he might only have a few local mainstream dealers but he deserves to get some options out there and if he picks the right setup and proper install he wont need warranty...i understand what your saying .

6. Likes southernboom88 liked this post
    destined2race is offline Already Being Used....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NASTY08IMPALA View Post
    True he might only have a few local mainstream dealers but he deserves to get some options out there and if he picks the right setup and proper install he wont need warranty...i understand what your saying .
    Exactly, im not saying JL is the best or his best option. The Jl trash talking when someone just wanted some input is just beyond old to me. I know theres good people on here that will simply give him options for what hes looking for and thats it.

Headunit - Kenwood DDX 318 4v double din
    Front Stage - JL Audio c2 6.5 comp set
    Rear Stage - Jl Audio VR 6" comp set
    Front stage amp - OS Sony (.005 THD Rated)
    Sub Stage - 2 10" IDs 1cu sealed per
    Sub Stage Amp - Boston Acoustic GT-28
    Big 3, SVR800 Batt, JL Blue Line Rca's, 0 ga JL kit
    Refs - The_Grimy_One, Deusle, zach90z, shineman08, Orion 2500D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

From the sounds of it hes wanting a 150+ substage we need a lot of.info..if hes picked jl his.budget must be high but he needs to know theres another 1k or so just in electrical upgrades

DumpinDenali is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay i knew there would be a couple jl audio haters, but i know they cost alot. My uncle can get me them locally for almost $400 off because hes super into my truck. i know w7s are loud, ive heard just 1 8" one and i was impressed. My main goal is to not lose more than 1 seat. I also do not want to use the bed at all for a blowthrough. For sound, I want it to be LOUD. but with loudness i want quality subs, subs that can hit lows and almostt flex the truck. Now if you have any other subs that you think i should look into (L7, champions, etc) let me know im open to ideas. im personally impressed with the w7 and i would not look into buying them unless it was at a discount. now on the other hand i could also go with 3 13.5 inch W7's running off of 3 of the HD 1200.1 watt amps. BUT ive heard subs sound better if all run off the same amp. so what amp can power 3 1500 rms subs? anyone have any experience doing this type of center console box?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

one more thing about the brands. ive heard lots of different kinds. Perhaps there are better subs than JL. I know there are louder ones. ive heard 2 kicker solo x 18,s running on 5000 watts each. ive heard rockford fosgate. ive heard pioneer subs. JL just sounded the clearest to me and in the ported box specially designed by JL auido, it was an amazing 13 inch sub. but although i want SPL, i want to maintain some sound quality as well. I plan on deadening the whole vehicle. think of money not being an issue. because im sort of nuts with trucks and audio and i dump lots of money into it. however, i am smart so help me out bros

Mboyle1145 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There are some big amps to run those subs just pricey. Digital Design, Dc audio, B2 just your preference. Are you downfiring the box ? Im Guessing ported?

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5" lift 35" tires
    Sub HDC3 12 dual 1
    Amp Aq1200d run at .5 ohms, Alpine Mrp F300
    Speakers Aq 6X9
    Box 2.75 net tuned to 33 htz made by Starr Mountain Sound
    Stinger 4 gauge wire
    Audio Technix 0 gauge big 3
    142.0 DB

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

dude get hand built american subs for the price of the w7, to be jl's best sub is the w6 on a sq note but as a spl sub that sounds good the w7 is ehhhh.

Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

4 of these and be done, hand machined motors and built to order.

13. Likes Loudmp5 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

fI is a better option than JL IMO.

Sub HDC3 12 dual 1
    Speakers Aq 6X9
    Stinger 4 gauge wire
    142.0 DB

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ive been talking to my guy scott who builds boxes. he said i should run 3 13.5 w7s. starting from the front of the cab there would be 2 downfiring and the last 1 in the back between the rear seats would be facing upwards. so downfiring would be nice.

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DumpinDenali View Post
    one more thing about the brands. ive heard lots of different kinds. Perhaps there are better subs than JL. I know there are louder ones. ive heard 2 kicker solo x 18,s running on 5000 watts each. ive heard rockford fosgate. ive heard pioneer subs. JL just sounded the clearest to me and in the ported box specially designed by JL auido, it was an amazing 13 inch sub. but although i want SPL, i want to maintain some sound quality as well. I plan on deadening the whole vehicle. think of money not being an issue. because im sort of nuts with trucks and audio and i dump lots of money into it. however, i am smart so help me out bros
    My suggestion would just be to read around here for a week or two then decide what you want to do... That's a big build that is going to take a lot of install knowledge...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

SomeguyinPDX is offline GunHappy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DumpinDenali View Post
    To give you good solid advice and options it would help to know how big your budget is. I find its easier to break things down into sections such as Electrical upgrades, Deadening, Sub stage, Front Stage, HU & Processing and so on. This makes things more manageable and less confusing. Do yourself a favor, since you are planning a pretty heavy sub stage do your electrical upgrades first and deadener if funds allow.

Also I think after doing some research you will find out that there are no car audio manufactures out there that make the best of everything. You will soon realize that some companies excel at certain products. For example: Hertz has some awesome high end components but they are not known for building beefy sub amps. Pioneer, Alpine, and Kenwood make good HU's but I would never run their amps on a substage.

2007 Volkswagen Fahrenheit GTI #470 of 1200 - Stock System w/big 3 and Yellow top optima. Slowly getting ready to start the system build

SOLD or Purchased from: CD6551, ace_800, underfire , Cyclone9, mclsound, mylows10, BigSix.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Downfired gets down. I would downfire all the subs and have a hidden clean install. I know you said you had a box guy but i would contact Double 07 off here. He can help with a box that would be loud as hell.

Sub HDC3 12 dual 1
    Speakers Aq 6X9
    Stinger 4 gauge wire
    142.0 DB

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast