Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Rockford P2 12 box in 99 jimmy

Hey guys first post hopefully more to come. I am looking to build a box for 2 2005 Rockford p2 12s. They are in a prefab bassworx box running off a new Kicker ex1000.1 wired at 2ohms pushing 400rms; This is in my 99 GMC Jimmy. I am hoping someone can just double check my calculations as this is my first time building a box. First I followed the video in the sticky for the calculations. I am looking for the box to have a net volume of 3.6 tuned at 34hz.

I came up with inside dimensions of 13.5 deep x 34.5 wide x 16.5 high and the port 16.5 high x 3 wide x 28.32 long. Both subs displacement is .144 and I was thinking single baffle with a couple small braces on the front wall. I will be building it out of 3/4 inch mdf.

If I missed anything sorry and just let me know. Thanks for your time.

mklett33 is offline Mark -CarAudioFabrication

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Re: Rockford P2 12 box in 99 jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by 99jimmy View Post
    Hey guys first post hopefully more to come. I am looking to build a box for 2 2005 Rockford p2 12s. They are in a prefab bassworx box running off a new Kicker ex1000.1 wired at 2ohms pushing 400rms; This is in my 99 GMC Jimmy. I am hoping someone can just double check my calculations as this is my first time building a box. First I followed the video in the sticky for the calculations. I am looking for the box to have a net volume of 3.6 tuned at 34hz.

I came up with inside dimensions of 13.5 deep x 34.5 wide x 16.5 high and the port 16.5 high x 3 wide x 28.32 long. Both subs displacement is .144 and I was thinking single baffle with a couple small braces on the front wall. I will be building it out of 3/4 inch mdf.

If I missed anything sorry and just let me know. Thanks for your time.
    Thanks for following the video, hope it helped. Everything looks ok, but you would be running at about 1.81 cubic ft per subwoofer. I would say you could probably go a little larger, more like 2 cubic ft per sub. So use 4 cubic ft total as your box size, the program will take into account sub displacement and port volume. I ran 2 mtx 4500 12's in a jimmy before (ex gf's vehicle) with around the same specs off 500 wrms and it was honestly pretty nice. Did around 145-146 iirc.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Oh and I did subs back port back if that helps.

-Mark @caraudiofab

http://www.youtube.com/caraudiofabrication
    ^Learn to design, fiberglass, install, and more!^

>>> www.caraudiofabrication.com <<<

3. Thanks 99jimmy thanked for this post
    99jimmy is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for answering my question. The video helped a ton as I was honestly kinda lost as to how to design a box being the right size. I designed the box just like you explained in the videos and designed it in sketch-up. The box is now redesigned to 4 cubic ft. I will be making the box this weekend some time and I will make sure to post pics as I go. I will be running the subs and port towards the back so that does help. Thanks again for the help and keep the videos coming.

99jimmy is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Got the box done it sounds amazing compared to the prefab. Hits way more frequencies and sounds cleaner. Here are some pics of the prefab and the new one.

mklett33 is offline Mark -CarAudioFabrication

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 99jimmy View Post
    Got the box done it sounds amazing compared to the prefab. Hits way more frequencies and sounds cleaner. Here are some pics of the prefab and the new one.

You know what man, I seriously just shed a **** tear. So AWESOME to see someone put those vids to good use and create a legit box! Please do me a favor and check your pm's.

-Mark @caraudiofab

http://www.youtube.com/caraudiofabrication
    ^Learn to design, fiberglass, install, and more!^

>>> www.caraudiofabrication.com <<<

7. Likes eddie_93 liked this post
    bertsq is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Should face the subs upwards so it doesn't rattle the back door as much.

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

This your 1st box? Looks 10x better than my 1st lol

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Closed Thread