Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Reload Thread: Accurate?

  1. #1
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Accurate?

    This is in the free box plans. Just curious if the tuning frequency is correct.... Supposed to be 2.25 @ 32 hz

    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]







  2. #2
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    The displacement of the woofer will obviously change internal volume and tuning. Throw the dimensions into the torres box calculator and verify it.




  3. #3
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    The displacement of the woofer will obviously change internal volume and tuning. Throw the dimensions into the torres box calculator and verify it.
    Its just for a single 12 on 3-500 watts. I picked one a bit on the large side just for that reason




  4. #4
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    Its just for a single 12 on 3-500 watts. I picked one a bit on the large side just for that reason
    It will still change. The Volume inside the box should correspond to the compliance of the woofer's suspension. Stiffer suspensions need larger enclosures and vice versa. Little tip from me to you. This is Jason Green isn't it?




  5. #5
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    It will still change. The Volume inside the box should correspond to the compliance of the woofer's suspension. Stiffer suspensions need larger enclosures and vice versa. Little tip from me to you. This is Jason Green isn't it?
    I need a generic enclosure, since the kid will likely be trying out a few just for fun. And no, lol, not my name...but that explains why you called me Jason yesterday.




  6. #6
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    I need a generic enclosure, since the kid will likely be trying out a few just for fun. And no, lol, not my name...but that explains why you called me Jason yesterday.
    ah ok I thought it was. His family owns a local stereo shop and while he was working there someone asked him about "4 ohm power wire" so he likes to joke about it. That's the explanation for the other half of what I said yesterday.




  7. Thanks av83 thanked for this post
    Likes av83 liked this post
  8. #7
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    ah ok I thought it was. His family owns a local stereo shop and while he was working there someone asked him about "4 ohm power wire" so he likes to joke about it. That's the explanation for the other half of what I said yesterday.
    Lol, gotcha. And i can't get my computer to download torres...




  9. #8
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    Bump. Anybody out there bored enough to plug these numbers in to a program and tell me of it's close? My crappy desktop won't let me download Torres...




  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    any wet spot i can find
    Posts
    3,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    I am getting 2.28 cubes net using .12 displ. for the sub and showing 31.17hz with 15.38 sq in of port per cube; 35 sq in of port area.




    "Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

  11. Thanks av83 thanked for this post
  12. #10
    av83's Avatar
    av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: Accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    I am getting 2.28 cubes net using .12 displ. for the sub and showing 31.17hz with 15.38 sq in of port per cube; 35 sq in of port area.
    thank you sir! i appreciate it. now its time to find a better sub for him...




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for tight, accurate sub
    By roadhog in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
  2. Does This Sound Accurate? (Resonant Engineering)
    By Jmac2043 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 11:53 PM
  3. Accurate sound reproduction, minimum requirements?
    By tobz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-30-2003, 11:09 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 10:31 PM
  5. Best subs- looking for tight, accurate bass
    By <thumpinblazr> in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2001, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum