Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Opinions on which FI sub is best for my application please

Robertvon is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Opinions on which FI sub is best for my application please

Ok heres my question I have a s10 single cab truck and currently Im building my system for it
    and I have 2 mtx thunder elite 1501D's and Im wanting a bandpass blowthrough enclosure to sit in the bed and blow into the cab but if theres a better way Im open to sugestions on that too...but my main question is which one's to get a pair of SP4 15 or BL 12 I would like to have some quality sound with hard low end....I know to have alot of one you have to sacrifice the other but Im good with a even middle ...... will my amps power the SP4'S enough...Im open ears to anyones opinions or sugestions ...Thanks Robert

slvrado28z is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Opinions on which FI sub is best for my application please

i would get the fi q..and what kind of blowthrough are you talking about?4th order or just a cut out

2008 Silverado crew cab
    dash - Pioneer avh-p3200
    Front & rear - Alpine spr-17s 6.5
    Amps - rf t2500bdcp, rf p600.4
    Subs - 2 15" Incriminator Audio Death Row
    box- 13 cu ft net tuned to 35hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It would be 4th order and I first thought about Q's but wasn't for sure how the lows would sound with them being a sound Q subs

SplAffair is offline I lol'd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robertvon View Post
    Ok heres my question I have a s10 single cab truck and currently Im building my system for it
    and I have 2 mtx thunder elite 1501D's and Im wanting a bandpass blowthrough enclosure to sit in the bed and blow into the cab but if theres a better way Im open to sugestions on that too...but my main question is which one's to get a pair of SP4 15 or BL 12 I would like to have some quality sound with hard low end....I know to have alot of one you have to sacrifice the other but Im good with a even middle ...... will my amps power the SP4'S enough...Im open ears to anyones opinions or sugestions ...Thanks Robert
    Does Fi have a website?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Does Fi have a website?

Quote Originally Posted by predxen View Post
    Its not as loud as it should be, you stop hearing it about a block away. you should be able to hear it a quarter mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You need to keep the smoke INSIDE the amplifier. Once you've allowed all the happy smoke to escape the amp will stop working.
    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I do not know the condition of your truck, but as far as doing a blowthrough, personally, I would look into doing a color matched fiberglass camper shell type of build. Remove the rear window and the actual box can be big enough to fill the whole bed, or whatever.. and then the only thing keeping you from returning the truck to stock condition is putting the rear window back in.

You should weigh in the automatic depreciation of the vehicle when you design your system. If the loss in resale value caused by cutting up the bed and cab significantly outweighs the cost of a used fiberglass camper shell painted to match, then why do it?

If you are wanting to do a Bandpass design, the choice of driver will be decided by the box and required power handling. And with a bandpass design, sq is not determined by the driver anyways. It is strictly determined by the box (port).

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

6. Thanks Robertvon thanked for this post
    galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Id also second the Q. Load them up with all cooling options, and throw them around 1500w each. I know for a fact you can fit 4 15s in an S10 and get some killer sound.

TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SplAffair View Post
    Does Fi have a website?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Does Fi have a website?

Damnit! Beat me to it!!!

Don't listen to me.

Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    I do not know the condition of your truck, but as far as doing a blowthrough, personally, I would look into doing a color matched fiberglass camper shell type of build. Remove the rear window and the actual box can be big enough to fill the whole bed, or whatever.. and then the only thing keeping you from returning the truck to stock condition is putting the rear window back in.

You should weigh in the automatic depreciation of the vehicle when you design your system. If the loss in resale value caused by cutting up the bed and cab significantly outweighs the cost of a used fiberglass camper shell painted to match, then why do it?

If you are wanting to do a Bandpass design, the choice of driver will be decided by the box and required power handling. And with a bandpass design, sq is not determined by the driver anyways. It is strictly determined by the box (port).
    ps..you can expect a higher impedance rise that is inherent to a bandpass design...just a FYI

"Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

10. Thanks Robertvon thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I've researched the Fi web site and have read it numerous times but its good to hear real live opinions from other enthusiest

TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I've researched the Fi web site and have read it numerous times but its good to hear real live opinions from other enthusiest
    Are you sure it's the right website? Let's check our references here before we make any rash decisions.

Don't listen to me.

Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

bump

Closed Thread