Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Reload Thread: How does box rise work?

  1. #16
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBC View Post
    Ok, I'm glad you clarified. Your posts prove that you know nothing. The clamp results need voltage and current. You assume you can just look at the peak current and know something. You can't. That doesn't make sense. Nobody would know you aren't smart if you'd stop talking so much.
    Jaysus, you're an idiot..... so ur insinuating that someone should clamp to find the lowest current so they can adjust/account for minimum or negative box rise?

    Please.

    Using the "Range" and "Hold" functions on the clamp meter will tell 95% of folks what they wish to know using with their standard music selection/preference playing, since surely most are looking for nominal - to - max box rise.




    I am not the one who needs to stop talking, here, poodlenutz, lol



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS




  2. #17
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post
    Jaysus, you're an idiot..... so ur insinuating that someone should clamp to find the lowest current so they can adjust/account for minimum or negative box rise?

    Please.

    Using the "Range" and "Hold" functions on the clamp meter will tell 95% of folks what they wish to know using with their standard music selection/preference playing, since surely most are looking for nominal - to - max box rise.




    I am not the one who needs to stop talking, here, poodlenutz, lol
    You missed the point genius. What do you multiply that number with? At this point everyone realizes that you need the current AND the voltage. You are explaining how to find the maximum current the amp puts out over a specific period of time. How would a person get a relevant voltage to plug into the calculation? This is why you should stop talking. It doesn't matter what you say here.... it will prove that you have NO CLUE what you're talking about.




  3. #18
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    I'm done with ya, you braindead, non-reading schmuck



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  4. #19
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post
    I'm done with ya, you braindead, non-reading schmuck
    AKA you realized you have no idea what you're talking about, decided to throw a few putdowns and exit before you do any more harm to your already tarnished name. Awesome idea bro.




  5. #20
    kushy_dreams's Avatar
    kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    twenty past four
    Posts
    4,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Flex- I know you're not an idiot and I get what you're trying to say but I'm gonna have to side with lbc on this. Music has a range of different freqs and rise will be different at every note and because of that the only true way to know how much rise you are incurring is to clamp a variety of single note tones and then graph the results.



    13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T


    http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

    BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

  6. #21
    Flex68's Avatar
    Flex68 is offline dilligaf



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Backroads
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Quote Originally Posted by kushy_dreams View Post
    Flex- I know you're not an idiot and I get what you're trying to say but I'm gonna have to side with lbc on this. Music has a range of different freqs and rise will be different at every note and because of that the only true way to know how much rise you are incurring is to clamp a variety of single note tones and then graph the results.
    Thank you.
    That is cool, but anyone who wants to obtain basic ranges or a "peak" box rise is going to be able to do that via the method I posted.
    Def going to work for most daily drivers....In fact, for those seeking a basic idea of how much box rise they have, I don't know any other way to go about obtaining such info.
    Folks in SPL comp's are likely going to go deeeeeper, but such likely doesn't apply to the original question OP posted, and thus the "caveat" that I put in my second post in response to yours.


    Regardless, I still say that LBC never even bothered to read my two posts in their entirety before attempting to "rebut."
    Don't expect much more from his ilk, anyway......

    Its all good



    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

    HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

  7. #22
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Holy butthurt batman.




  8. #23
    n8skow's Avatar
    n8skow is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    1,250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    You can't calculate impedance rise by reading AC voltage alone, (see Ohm's law). You would also need an ammeter to clamp the AC amperage (Voltage divided by Amperage = impedance), and both numbers vary greatly throughout the musical spectrum (and is influenced by your enclosure design, as well as the driver parameters).

    Peak hold will be worthless while playing music because you wouldn't be measuring peak voltage and peak amperage at the same time. You would either need to take measurements one frequency at a time, or use a device capable of plotting both measurements simultaneously (as far as music is concerned).




    National Finals
    Oct. 25-26th, 2014 - Sedalia Missouri

  9. Thanks LBC thanked for this post
    Likes LBC liked this post
  10. #24
    LBC's Avatar
    LBC
    LBC is offline Banned



    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Audio Technix
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Quote Originally Posted by n8skow View Post
    You can't calculate impedance rise by reading AC voltage alone, (see Ohm's law). You would also need an ammeter to clamp the AC amperage (Voltage divided by Amperage = impedance), and both numbers vary greatly throughout the musical spectrum (and is influenced by your enclosure design, as well as the driver parameters).

    Peak hold will be worthless while playing music because you wouldn't be measuring peak voltage and peak amperage at the same time. You would either need to take measurements one frequency at a time, or use a device capable of plotting both measurements simultaneously (as far as music is concerned).
    Exactly. It's good to know there are others on here who understand.




  11. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    any wet spot i can find
    Posts
    3,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?





    "Bailout: Taking a trillion dollars from the people and giving it to the banks so the banks can loan it back to the people, at interest!"

  12. #26
    shpatb's Avatar
    shpatb is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    Thanks guys, for the information and entertainment.



    2008 G8 LC6i Kenwood 6.5's upfront, Morels in the rear. Alpine PDX-F4, 2x BA-SPG555 sealed with JBL 14001
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
    Head unit - eclipse CD5000
    Front Components - Boston Z6's Rear "fill"- Boston SR95
    Front&Rear Amp - Boston GT24
    Sub -2x Boston SPG-555 @ 34hz
    Sub amp -BA GT28
    ect - 12 farad stinger cap,0 gauge stinger wiring, stinger 1500 battery, 200a alt
    refs: keifersracing

  13. #27
    n8skow's Avatar
    n8skow is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Topeka, KS
    Posts
    1,250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    The bottom line is - don't treat impedance rise as a 'bad' thing, it's simply a function of physics.
    All setups are going to have some rise, learning to manipulate it, that is the trick.




    National Finals
    Oct. 25-26th, 2014 - Sedalia Missouri

  14. #28
    wenn_du_weinst's Avatar
    wenn_du_weinst is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    *******
    Posts
    4,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Re: How does box rise work?

    not reading,
    boxes lower impedence not make it rise.
    you need impedence rise to play music, with out it you would only do burps



    I am protesting Skar by giving them added exposure in my signature.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Alpine H701, how does this thing work?
    By JonJT in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 12:29 AM
  2. how does a port work?
    By jacko in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 01:17 AM
  3. How does a suboofer work?
    By rez0469 in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 12:11 AM
  4. How does a subwoofer work?
    By GSteg in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum