Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: F-150 Raptor enclosure

SVTraptor is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

F-150 Raptor enclosure

Does anyone have any experience building a box for an F150 Raptor? I ordered a 2012 supercrew and am looking into how I will approach the box that will go under the seats. I would like to get a ported box but I'm not sure if there is enough room for it. A single 10" or 12" would work.

I don't have any preferences in sub's just yet. I want something that is loud but I want to try to get this with one ported 10" or 12" or maybe two sealed 10"s

Does anyone have any advice they can share? I assume it would be the same for any supercrew F150 2009 and obove. . .

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Re: F-150 Raptor enclosure

You bought one of those damn things? Lol... Ya they will be the same only thing different from a regular F 150 is some suspension and the body...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    You bought one of those damn things? Lol... Ya they will be the same only thing different from a regular F 150 is some suspension and the body...
    And the 6.2L V8?

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

4. Likes xSPLoder, R34P3R liked this post
    JDuhaime309 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You say that like its a bad truck? They are setup to go run in the baja straight off the factory floor. They are actually one of the best trucks on the market next to the Dodge power wagon. I own a 2011 Dodge Power Wagon and have test driven the Raptor, very nice truck. But I like my winch.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the fight here, but lets keep it on topic. I've tried to research, but I am very tired. I can get more involved tomorrow. But forums are for asking questions right?

Anyone have any designs for a ported box for a "same only thing different from a regular F 150 is some suspension and the body" F150?

JDuhaime309 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not seen the super cabs yet on the raptors. But If you have the space, a transmission line with 2 8"s would work great.

splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

hit up one of the builders on here and give them ur demensions and they will help you out and design u a enclosure.

2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDuhaime309 View Post
    I have not seen the super cabs yet on the raptors. But If you have the space, a transmission line with 2 8"s would work great.
    First, I have been out of car audio since my GTO in 2008. I don't even know what a transmission line is. I will have to Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag420 View Post
    hit up one of the builders on here and give them ur demensions and they will help you out and design u a enclosure.
    Second, I do not have the truck and have not been able to find them online. I've been to some Raptor forums and no one has been nice enough to provide me with the dimensions.

I am trying to get something going before the 6-8 weeks the truck gets in. Hence why I am here asking for the advice. Oh and

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Dude, those Ford raptors are fuckin BOSS. And I hate ford. So that says alot.

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

11. Likes xSPLoder liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SourDeez View Post
    Dude, those Ford raptors are fuckin BOSS. And I hate ford. So that says alot.
    Help me out with some ideas for a setup and I'll let ya drive it when I get it :O

SourDeez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SVTraptor View Post
    Help me out with some ideas for a setup and I'll let ya drive it when I get it :O
    Hey now.. Im in Minnesota so I might take you up on that if i see ya!

I love fast trucks.. had a dakota with a 5.9 in it that thing was too fast for how light it was

Anyways, here is my take:

Under the seats of the new f150s there is hardly ANY room for subs. And if you do end up doing it, I doubt you will ever be happy with the output.

My solution? Most people dont like it, but its without a doubt gonna get you the best SQ and SPL.

Get a efficient single 12, in a small ported box. Wire up your amp under the seat out of sight and have the two wires coming up.. Set the box on your rear set man.

You could still fit two people in the back even with the sub on the seat. So realistically, if you ever DO have a crew of 3 people in the back, simply uplug the two wires from the box and lift the little sub out and put it in the bed/garage. Easy. When youre done, pop it back on your seat and plug in two wires.

Headunit - Stock cassette player - Pioneer P9400
    Front Stage - Pyle 8 inch subs (1000 watt peak!!) - Polk DB6.5 (about to be CDT 6.5s)
    Rear stage - Deleted (stolen) - Deleted
    Sub stage - custom built 15 inch sony xplod (5k watt peak!!!) (huge box) - Two SA12's built by Corey
    Sub amp - Pyle 8000w peak!! (spl edition) - AQ2200
    Electircal - 35 amp alt from ford festiva upgrade, stolen battery, 28 gauge solder coil for my cable - Dual D34 Yellows, 1/0 trystar OFC, 135amp alt

dirtyunclerandy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

check out supercrewsound.com. They have pre-fab boxes so you can get an idea on the dimensions that will fit. I would say a pair of tens or a few 8's would be your best option.

now 2012 Kia Optima SX

DD M1C
    Sundown E10s

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post
    And the 6.2L V8?
    You can get those in a regular F-150 as well...

Quote Originally Posted by JDuhaime309 View Post
    You say that like its a bad truck? They are setup to go run in the baja straight off the factory floor. They are actually one of the best trucks on the market next to the Dodge power wagon. I own a 2011 Dodge Power Wagon and have test driven the Raptor, very nice truck. But I like my winch.
    I can run my stock Honda in the Baja too lol... It's literally just has some fox racing goodies on it nothing else really amazing... They are awesome don't get me wrong but for the price it's insane cuz you can get the same gear on a regular trucks for less... The Powerwagon isn't even the same type of truck so idk why you would compare them?

Quote Originally Posted by SVTraptor View Post
    I like the fight here, but lets keep it on topic. I've tried to research, bMut I am very tired. I can get more involved tomorrow. But forums are for asking questions right?

Anyone have any designs for a ported box for a "same only thing different from a regular F 150 is some suspension and the body" F150?
    No of the builders on hear do anythig with user the seat since there are so many variables... They do make prefab sealed boxes though just have to get the right sub to work well with limited space...

No offense OP they are cool trucks they just don't have much of a purpose to me is all... But hey if you have the money hell ya might as well!

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

You can get those in a regular F-150 as well...

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

Moble Enclosurs is offline Box Designer/Builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

I can tell you that a tline will not be anymore efficient in that space than a sealed enclosure due to loading requirements of a tline. But definitely stick with a single driver for more enclosure room. Best bet, if possible, is to utilize a center console idea or something that will flush the floorboard with only about 5-6 inches up with a downfire idea for a single 10 or dual 8s.
    Limiting your potential to that space alone will cause a lot of work and investigating to make sure you get something worth the purchase.
    Also, try to utilize a shallow mount design regardless of the difference in power transfer and xmax parameters, because those will be less sensitive in a truck space anyhow to the idea you want to utilize. So, get a shallow driver with around a 10mm xmax and one that allows for a smooth response in a small compression chamber, and load the hell out of it with a port, if used, to make up for low end sensitivity loss. Usually, anything that has an ebp of around 47 will do wonders in that environment, But others if calculated can get surprising results.
    Best to have someone model some ideas up with different drivers to see what will work.
    P.s. I'm here if you need me so pm me or email me anytime. I offer custom designs and may be able to help get one that will work in that space or offer other options when available.

Contact me for more info:[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Mobile Enclosures:http://mobileenclosures.com
    Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mobile-Enclosures/134158593281463
    YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMobileenclosures

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast