Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Stupid question about why we dont use this method instead of fiberglass

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Stupid question about why we dont use this method instead of fiberglass

So I was wondering the other day while I was shopping for fiberglass products and was wondering, why cant we use stuff like Rhino Line bed liner stuff instead of Fiberglass?

Im sure there is a possibility that there is a simple answer to it, but I was just wondering. I have never fiberglassed and I plan on doing it for my first time. Isnt the bedliner stuff extremely strong and durable?

Sorry for the dumb question, but it would be alot cheaper, would take half the time, would already have a great finish without having to sand, and would seem much easier.

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Stupid question about why we dont use this method instead of fiberglass

Bed liner instead of resin for coating or waterprrofing a box doesn't work. IMO bedliner ***** and is shotty to work with.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Qexler is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It really all depends on how good you are with a gun... Rhino liner can be a million times more durable than fiberglass if used right... My friend has 3/4" of rhino liner sprayed on the inside of his truck bed (about the best and thickest liner job you can do) And You can literally throw a sledge hammer rainbow over your body directly to the bed and it don't even make a mark!

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

There are two kinds of rhino liner, the paint/roller on kind and then there is the two part heated spray application. The 2 part is by far more superior to the roll on kind and dries almost instantly. I've got the inside and outside of my wall rhino lined and it can actually hold water. Of course, there is some surface prepping that I did (like filling in all the screw holes with spot putty) that made the finish come out perfect.

here are some old pics

GeekSquad is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Good idea here. Not for the reasons originally proposed but for others. What about perhaps using the liner in place of resin?

Closed Thread