Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2007+ NBS Silverado/Sierra with Center Console - amplifier mounting help

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2007+ NBS Silverado/Sierra with Center Console - amplifier mounting help

Hey guys, I have the rediculously long Audiopipe 3001D that is 28" long. I yanked out my center console so I could fit my amp in there. I made a couple of cuts for the metal bracket to get it to fit. So I got it it fit, however when I went to put in the insert for the storage, the very front deep part hits the floor and wont allow me to put my amp there. I have no other idea's on how to mount this amp. I have my back seats ripped out and I just dont see how I can mount this amp behind my rear seats.

So I was thinking of cutting out the bottom and making it more shallow. So I was thinking of making the bottom out of plexi-glass and then I can put the bottom rubber inserts over it. I can remove the rubber bottom to show the plexiglass and you can see my amp all lit up.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone know the best way to cut this thin plexi-glass without shattering it?

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

oxsign is offline No Affiliation oxsign is a Supporting Member of the forum!

oxsign is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Re: 2007+ NBS Silverado/Sierra with Center Console - amplifier mounting help

I would just cut it, save the bottom, and then use some epoxy to put it back on once you got it where you need it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I was thinking of just remaking the entire snap in part out of plexiglass and then the rubber matting can go over it to protect the plexi-glass. That way there, I could remove the rubber matting to show off my amplifier inside. Im just unsure how to bond it properly without it making it look like I super glued everything together.

I have several build logs of people's installs in an extended cab and crew cab OBS trucks, with the amps mounted behind the rear seat, but I just dont see how that would be possible with these NBS 2007+ crew cabs. So if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. Also, if anyone has attempted to do what I have done, by putting the amp under the center console, that would be great. I guess if all else fails, I will just have to put the Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2 under the center console and make a cut out for my box for the Audiopipe 3000D in my box, but from my calculations, I would be losing 0.17585 cu ft minimum out of my box. I need every bit of volume possible to get either my two LMS-R 12's ported or my ultimate goal of four SA-8 Version 2's ported under my seats.

I already ordered my square aluminum tubing which should be here by Fedex on Wednesday to raise my seats 3". Here is where I got it from what what I got.

You can use the promo code "aprilfools" to receive 10% off of your order. Also, I had them cut everything to spec. Call me lazy, but I decided to pay the $1.50 per cut charge after the first cut charge. If you purchase the metal the the total length you want and cut it yourself, you wont incure any cut charges, but hey, its $3, who cares, right? I just didnt want to risk snapping off a blade and having to run to Lowe's to get a couple more. Also, with the T6 Aluminum, this is very strong stuff here. From what I have read, this is the stuff to go with instead of going with just your regular old steel.

https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchan...d=19958&step=4

Confirmation Order Sheet

Qty Description - Size Price Total Status
    2 6061-T6 ALUMINUM RECTANGLE TUBE
    2" x 3" x 0.25" 6061-T6 ALUMINUM RECTANGLE TUBE
    3.000000 Inches (L) $5.10 $10.20 Checking Stock

2 6061-T6 ALUMINUM RECTANGLE TUBE
    6.000000 Inches (L) $10.21 $20.42 Checking Stock

4 6061-T6 ALUMINUM RECTANGLE TUBE
    2.000000 Inches (L) $3.40 $13.60 Checking Stock

Shipping Method UPS Ground
    Shipping Fee $15.81
    Cut Fee: $3.00
    Subtotal: $63.03
    Tax: $0.00
    Total Sale: $63.03
    10% Total discount off list prices $4.92
    (prices above already reflect your discounts)

So right now, I have pretty much my entire truck ripped apartment. My center console, which was a Pita to get out by the way, my rear seats are pulled out, which are even more of a Pita to get back in and I decided to grind everything back down for my grounds even more. I'm still unsure how I am going to route my wiring. If I can fit my Audiopipe 3000D in my center console, then I pretty much have it figured out. If not, then I will be forced to mount the amps on top of the subwoofer box, with rubber spacers of course to reduce vibration, but this will reduce my very much needed box volume that I need.

I have a guy who lives within 8 miles from me, who is on this board, and he is generous enough to help me build my box. I didnt know there were people out there like that still who are willing enough to help a fellow unemployed person out with some knowledge, help, and fiberglass items to help build my box.

I guess the problem I am trying to figure out now, is how am I going to go from the two 12" subs down to four SA-8 Version 2's. The SA-8's is what my ultimate goal is. I have read so much that these LMS-R 12's will just absolutely murder the lows, but I want that, "Holy crap, you have 8" subs in your truck?" thing. These LMS-R 12's are awesome and cant wait to hear them, if I even hook them up. I may just keep them in the box and sell them to go towards my SA-8's.

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Anyone?

arctictwist is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can def mount Amps behind the seat. You just have to cut away the stock sound dampener. The rear wall bumps out half way up. So there's a space you can do it. I'm about to do it myself.

08 Silverado CC - Slight lift and level, Blacked out.
    Brains - Pioneer AVH-P4300 DVD
    Pioneer XM tuner add on
    Front - JL C2-650
    Rear - JL C2-650x
    Powered By JL JX 360/4
    Sub - 10" SSA ICON
    In custom underseat box
    Powered by sundown sax-1200d

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

How do you fasten a piece of wood across the back wall? Im not willing to drill through my steel of my cab

arctictwist is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats what you gotta do. Its Dual walled so its not too bad to do. If you look at i think its subthumps website thats exactly what they show with their underseat boxes

08 Silverado CC - Slight lift and level, Blacked out.
    Brains - Pioneer AVH-P4300 DVD
    Pioneer XM tuner add on
    Front - JL C2-650
    Rear - JL C2-650x