Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Advice for Ford F150 SCREW, 04'-08'. Ported or sealed, need a better solution.

prevail is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Advice for Ford F150 SCREW, 04'-08'. Ported or sealed, need a better solution.

STILL looking. Have an 04' screw. Looking for a box that will not require a seat lift, looking for interior to stay stealth. All of the pre-fabs top out at 5 7/8" mounting depth, and all I can run with my current box is "low profile" subs. (currently two RF 12"s). They aren't cutting it for me right now, but i will be putting more power to them today or tomorrow, and see if that helps.
    I guess that I am also looking for a sub suggestion that will work. I am not opposed to sealed, as long as it has GREAT musicality, and decent SPL capability ( but don't need to do hair tricks!). Any suggestions? Anyone think I can get better performance out of my existing subs with a custom box?
    Have any of you seen designs that can possibly mount a sub on an angle or different axis in order to achieve greater mounting depth?
    Thanks, this has been a challenge to find the 'best' solution...

Not opposed to 2-3 great 8"s or 1-2 10"s, mounting depth seems to be the only limiting factor, (as well as the PITA 60/40 bench seat 'feet' that break uo the box possibilities...)
    Last edited by prevail; 11-03-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Advice for Ford F150 SCREW, 04'-08'. Ported or sealed, need a better solution.

I had the same truck(07) and posted a pic last night of my setup in a different thread. We are extremely limited with what we can do under those seats. But, fortunately, there are subs out there can give us the response we want. I ran 2 DD1508s and loved them. I fed them 1000w each off an AQ2200 and kept them in my truck until I sold it. You cant go wrong with those or maybe a couple SA-8s. I dont think you would be able to feed them as much power as the DDs, but they will still sound **** good. Here's a link to my build to give you some ideas. I'm sure this isnt the ONLY way to do it, but it worked out fine for me.
    Build for 07 F150 SuperCrew

All girls are whores, just ask your mom how you got here.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

underdogg is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Advice for Ford F150 SCREW, 04'-08'. Ported or sealed, need a better solution.

I have two Memphis shallow flat sub for sale that will work great for ur setup ..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seriously, If you don't have that truck anymore, but still have that box, I want it!!
    Nice work. Do you still have a cut sheet/plans, etc?
    I think this is exactly the direction that I am leaning towards.
    What is the max mounting depth you acheived with that?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I already have two brand new RF shallow 12"s, I don't think the Memphis ones would be enough of an upgrade to just try that in my existing pre-fab sealed box...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I still have it and have been trying to sell it here only locally due to the freight costs. The box plans are on another computer that I no longer own. But I might have it in my email folder from where I sent it off to someone else who bought the plans. From the part of the baffle where the sub actually mounts, is 6 1/4" to the bottom. Ideally, I believe you want 1" clearance around the magnet in all directions twords any walls. But, .75" was fine for me. Those DD's had a mounting depth of 5.5".

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm. Lets work up a shipping quote to 83001, and see what happens, OK?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, I will go out and measure it, and guess on a weight.

Feedback Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, shipping wasn't as bad as I thought. Fed Ex 3 day $50.80 But, I totally guessed on the weight but I think it's about right at 55lbs.

Feedback Thread

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you PM me a bottom dollar price? I won't even charge you a disposal fee...;-}

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PM'd

Feedback Thread

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump, now I need to figure out what the options are for subs for this great box. Heh. I said 'box'.

Cali_Screw is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What amp you plan on running? SLP or SQ goals?

12listen4 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Closed Thread