Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Where Should I place my port???

cash94 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where Should I place my port???

Im designing a enclosure for under my rear seat in my 2010 silverado. Im installing one 12" FI audio btl-n3. Im not sure where the best and easiest place is to place the port. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where Should I place my port???-2010-silverado-sub-enclosure.jpg  

neonblack is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Where Should I place my port???

Enclosure looks really big. What size open enclosure does manufacture recommend? I would place a port at the opposite end of box from driver on the front face like the way home speakers are made. I think you need space between port opening and closest object (>= 6") for good results (again just like ported home speakers recommend). I wouldn't block the opening of the port at all. Here's calculator for port/slot lengths using enclosure size and tuning frequencies:
    Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Fraction to Decimal, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume Calculators
    If port/slot points out of the front (direction driver is faced) it will have to turn and run up the center of the enclosure to calculated port length.
    Last edited by neonblack; 10-10-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: add

Closed Thread