Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Box for a W6

FallenQuiet is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Box for a W6

Hey so I just built a sealed box for my new jl 12w6v2 and I was going by jl's site for box dimensions. Somehow the dimensions got off and the box is about .15 to.2 cubic feet too big. It's about 1.52 cubic feet or so before the sub goes in and it should have been about 1.34 cubic feet before the sub. So I thnk the box sounds pretty good but I'm wondering if I should add some material to deaden the sound inside to make the sound cleaner or anything else?
    I'm hesitant to put polyfill in cause it seems like it isn't good if the enclosure is already above the recommended size...anyway I would appreciate some help.
    Thanks!

>>SQL<< is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Box for a W6

I think you are fine.
    Most subs like a bit larger sealed box anyway.

If you really want to get the most out of that sub I recommend having one of the Box Builders here (Pro-Rabbit) design a ported box for you that you can build.

kushy_dreams is offline The resident hippie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

A larger sealed box should be fine. Go to Walmart and buy a $5 bag of polyfill throw it in and see if you like it or not. I have always used polyfill in my sealed enclosures. Add a little at a time and test it each time to see what its doing/if you like it. Save the receipt, worst case scenario, you will have to go back and return it.

13 Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4T

http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/forum.php<

BOYCOTT SKAR AUDIO! SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NEVER BE ENCOURAGED!

FallenQuiet is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay well I'll try that...another thing: I can feel air coming out of the speaker terminal and there's a rattling on the speaker terminal. Not sure how it affects anything but the rattling is mildly annoying. This was my first box and I'm thinkning about building a second and maybe I will use a speaker terminal from online instead of radioshack...

Closed Thread