Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning

KoalaZ is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning

Don't have the sub yet, but a Dayton 10" HO will be going in this box.

It's for a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

It's 0.77cuft before displacement, 0.69 after. I wanted to keep is underneath the cargo cover, and leave enough room to it's side for an amp rack, without using up too much cargo space, which is why a simple square with a huge slot wouldn't have worked.

This is my first ported box design, so any tips would be appreciated.

My main concerns were:
    1) Am I measuring port length correctly? 30.6875", counting the one inch drop from the enclosure.
    2) That would be around 30Hz right? Port area is 3x2" all the way through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning-box1.jpg   Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning-box3.jpg   Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning-box4.jpg   Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning-box2.jpg  

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning

actually, you are tuned to about 27hz, and your port area is about 25% too small for my liking. get up to 12-15"^2 per cu and no need to go so long... i would tune to 32-35, personally....

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: Critique My Box Plans / Double Check my Tuning

you know, i haqd actually started building a couplke vented enclosures for the same jeep, but the guy went and traded it in for a brand new '05, lol.... what i went with was similar, but the port fired strait back allong the rear, and the sub fired in the same spot as yours. there was 2.... still actually have some peices of it kicking around, haha. honestly, on the left of the vehicle, like yours, will sound better in the passenger seat. if you are doing this for your driving pleasure, then i would put it on the other side

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Closed Thread