Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

4th order help

ok so i am going to do a 4th order wil a wall in my gmc jimmy. i will be running two dc xl 15s and a soundstream xxx 10k amp. i wanna tune it to about 32hrtz what are some designs you would recomend and the cubic foot on the sealed box and the cubic foot on the ported part of it?

surreal is offline On my katy perry sht

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Re: 4th order help

Thats a lot of power. Not only for those subs, but for the 4th order in particular. In this case, youll want a (series tuned) 6th order. It will not only give you extra output, but the power handling you require in such a build if you want to beat on them daily.

If youd like, submit a design request and Id be happy to do it for you. Otherwise let us in on some more information and we can be of more help.

I do stuff

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2522 Post(s)

A 6th order wall would be massive and many times is the exact opposite of what the builder wants. There is a reason why you see so many 4th order walls these days is for that peak. Easiest way to get very loud and quick.

If the OP wants a better response curve the 4th is "ok" at that but the 6th order is a much better design, but again takes a huge amount of room.

surreal is offline On my katy perry sht

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

It may/may not take any more. Often times, people oversize things anyway.
    Given his power handling expectations, there really isnt a choice. The reason (IMO) you see a lot of 4th order walls is mainly due to ignorance and spread of misinformation. No one know how a 6th order is designed or hardly what it is. The same can be said for 4th orders. 99% of the time one is built it isnt designed, it is guessed..
    May work out OK, or it may flop like some have experiences. Either way chances are it is far from optimal. My view is why spend all the time and money for sub-par or even physically harmful performance?
    Thats why we exist as designers.

I do stuff

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

if you want to do a simple 4th that will get loud and low, try 1.25 sealed/ 5 ported per sub. shoot for 250 sq in of port, this way you can shrink it down a little if you need to. Tuning will depend on your preference, but I would not go less than 43hz for a 4th order bandpass.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Closed Thread

User Tag List