Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: weird but loud box design! help me heard bout it cant find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 weird but loud box design! help me heard bout it cant find.

so i was talking to the local speaker shop and he told me he has 4 ported 10s in his car and a girl with a single 12 was almost as loud...and he has installed losts of systems, he said his 4 tens were some of the loudest he did, but second was one 12!? he told me the box was made at a different shop and it had a chamber that broke off into a port that was zig zag. a big long box with a really big port at the end. do any of you know of a design like this? what is it called???!!! and how do i find plans for one?

yes i drew it in paint and thats what he drew in pencil, he said that was its layout and it had 1 12 pounding as hard at 4 10s

mast240 is offline YOU'RE A HOOKER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: weird but loud box design! help me heard bout it cant find.

t line enclosure

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    the loudest montero sport around
    head unit: toshiba thrive 10.1" android tablet/ Kenwood KVT-516
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)
    subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18'S, walled in a clamshell
    amps: subs: AB 500.1, looking for a second; midrange and midbass: 2 AP 1000.4

Ronny is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Transmission lines are more musical than loud though. Perhaps his quad 10" setup was weaksauce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

he's saying that it was a single 12 in the t line "hitting harder" then 4 10's ... so i'm guessing the "builder" he was talking to, had NOOOOOO idea of what he was doing

NEW TO CAR AUDIO? READ THIS FIRST... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html
    front stage: each door: 1 8' RF p1 (midbass), midrange: 2 cadence cwm6.5's, 1 memphis pr 6.5 coax (kickplate), 1 cadence 4' coax (a-pillars)

Micah Horton is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no i believe he means sounds louder idk about quality but i really wanna try this enclosure i found a webpage that describes how to build one. Im thinking if i have a box that sounds good and can be loud then i can save money instead of buying multiple woofers? Would the t-line be loud but sound good?

Xanthous is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your basing your wants on one guys most likely incorrect information. Build a quality normal ported box and you'll be set. If that design ^ was actually good, people would use it a lot more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

yes... thats really the basic reasons to build a t-line... mainly for SQL set ups... but i would pm one of the box designers on here (pro-rabbit, ram, or buck) and have them design it for you... they have to be designed properly, or it will sound like ish

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i have a while to think so im not rushing into anything. im gunna supe up a little hatch i have when i get it running good
    so here is my real question. i like smooth bass, i listan to hip hop and house/electro/hardstyle. basically anything with awesome bassline so im looking for a good sounding quick response bass what is my best bet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

that is kind of an open ended question bro.... need more info... what drivers, how many, wattage, space

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

eventually a 93 geo metro hatch. i havent decided on a sub but i dont want to go to expensive. would a type r 12 work in ported/t-line? and go with its rms of 600 watts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

a type r would like a ported better... if your lookin for a t line, i would look at something like an icon... but really depends on your space requirements.... as a t line will be a pretty large enclosure for one sub

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont know what you mean by look for something like an icon, but what if i built the t-line across and up right? if the corners are smooth it could wind its way around if it wanted to couldnt it? and for inside of boxes could you sand and finish to get better air flow? like a varnish?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ima be honest the only subs i have EVER heard are sealed. i want to try something new in this car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

ssa icon

thats a SSA ICON... very good sub for an SQL setup on a budget

as for the t-line... yes, putting 45's on will help, but sanding could actually hurt... mdf is already very smooth, and sanding can just add scratches..... but like i said, IF you must have a t line, have one of the designers on here design it... as there are ALOT of variables that go into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Horton View Post
    ima be honest the only subs i have EVER heard are sealed. i want to try something new in this car
    in that case, before you dump a bunch of money into a build... i would go to a local show, and listen to as many systems as you can... sound quality is VERY subjective, so what sounds good to someone else, might sound like shit to you

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast