Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: (2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?

joe913 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 (2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?

heres the box i am hopefully plan on building as soon as i can get an okay from someone who knows what there doing haha. i plan on putting it in the back of my 2007 dodge caliber. i have a total of 7.55 cubic feet. the port is 24" X 2" X 6" long. *hopefully* tuned to 33hz. i am new at this, so just need some help on everything. i had something similer to this posted up, but it changed to much *thanks to you guys* that i thought i would start a new thread. let me know what you guys think, if you can give me the "OK" to start the build.

(2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?-2_15s_four.jpg(2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?-2_15s_two.jpg
    (2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?-2_15s_three.jpg(2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?-2_15s_one.jpg

Digital Designs is offline Aclministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: (2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?

You dont have nearly enough port.

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback
    Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around, LED footwells/interior lights
    DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera
    FRONT STAGE: CDT CL-51 Component Set
    FRONT STAGE AMP: MA Audio HK-398
    SUB: 2 12 inch Lightning Audio Storm X1s in 4 cubes tuned to 32hz
    SUB AMP: MTX 81000d at 0.8 ohms
    WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire, Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: (2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?

Quote Originally Posted by micah_jones View Post
    You dont have nearly enough port.
    then i am not using WINisd correctly.. haha thats what its telling me for some reason?? any idea what im doing wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never used WINisd before. I use Torres Box Calculator usually which seems to be pretty accurate. Your tuning might be correct but you only have like a little over 6 square inches of port per cube when you should be going for something like 13-17 square inches of port per cube.

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around, LED footwells/interior lights

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay okay, i think i figured out what i was doing wrong hahah the port is 24" X 4" X 24" long. tuned to 34 hz
    i have 6.3 cubic feet left, just enough for 15" subs that need a min 3 cubes. i know theres a few out there haha okay, so what about now? haha

(2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?-2_15s_2.0.jpg(2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?-2_15s_2.3.jpg(2) 15" sub box build in the back of a 2007 dodge caliber. 7.55 cubic feet. help?-2_15s_2.4.jpg

T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    840 Post(s)

That is the most jacked up, cockameme lookin' design I've ever seen, it's way too complicated, and it doesn't have to be, especially for being a simple ported box.

I'd just bite the bullet and get a box designed for you by someone who's got lots of experience

Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FOURocho View Post
    That is the most jacked up, cockameme lookin' design I've ever seen, it's way too complicated, and it doesn't have to be, especially for being a simple ported box.

I'd just bite the bullet and get a box designed for you by someone who's got lots of experience
    the only reason its shaped like this, is because if i went with just a rectangular box, i would have close to 4 cubic feet too use because the shape of my trunk and hatch. this way im getting 7.7 cubic feet of space instead of ~4.

HelloImBob is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

doesnt look easy to fit in the trunk. I believe I have the same trunk as you with a 2007 charger. I went with (2) 12s a good 270amp alternator and a lot of power becaues I could barely fit one 15 in the trunk with like 5.5 cu after displacement but that box got stuck going in the trunk so I had to use the router to take off all outside edges to 45s and a wood rasp to wear off more material in certain places to wedge it in the trunk. dont forget to take your weatherstripping off the trunk before wedging your box in so you dont tear it up.

I would try for (2) 12s or (1) 18 unless you want an undersized dual 15 box. My next box will be for (1) 18 it might be a little undersized but Ill make up for it in power. going to try to upfire from the back of the trunk and port forward into car with seats down.

Dodge Charger 2007
    Infinity Kappas in front. Inf Ref in back
    Inifnity Kappa 3.5s in dash
    MTX 7804 powering mids/highs
    DC Power 270amp XP series alternator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HelloImBob View Post
    doesnt look easy to fit in the trunk. I believe I have the same trunk as you with a 2007 charger. I went with (2) 12s a good 270amp alternator and a lot of power becaues I could barely fit one 15 in the trunk with like 5.5 cu after displacement but that box got stuck going in the trunk so I had to use the router to take off all outside edges to 45s and a wood rasp to wear off more material in certain places to wedge it in the trunk. dont forget to take your weatherstripping off the trunk before wedging your box in so you dont tear it up.

I would try for (2) 12s or (1) 18 unless you want an undersized dual 15 box. My next box will be for (1) 18 it might be a little undersized but Ill make up for it in power. going to try to upfire from the back of the trunk and port forward into car with seats down.
    Calibers are hatches, by the way. I doubt they have the same "trunk" as your Charger.

=/=

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by micah_jones View Post
    Calibers are hatches, by the way. I doubt they have the same "trunk" as your Charger.

=/=

You mean to tell me those aren't the same? Lulz

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)

Honestly, you'd be better off going with a pair of 12's. Or, you could take out the rear seats and do a monster box.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

kingmanbc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I put 2 15's in a cobalt before, it can be done, but with a lot of work. And by the way I would go with a sealed box imo.

(2) Memphis Mojo CM 15's powered by (2) Phoenix Gold ti2500.1's, 3 sets of Focal KRX2 165's powered by a Phoenix Gold ti800.4, 300 amp alt by Ohio Gen, Stinger SPP2150 battery+Optima yellow top, Overdrive Concert Series LD, Kenwood DNX6960, stinger roadkill...etc All For Sale

winkychevelle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    745 Post(s)

I know a guy that put two re xxx 18s sealed and it sounded good just not on the meter. He eventually just went to 1 18 ported it did better on the meter and moved about as much air. Btw these car rattle like a mofo I'd drop a good bit of change in sound deadener before the sub my .02

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RAM_Designs View Post
    Honestly, you'd be better off going with a pair of 12's. Or, you could take out the rear seats and do a monster box.
    I think im going to go with the 15s, more or less just for the bragging rights. they should sound a bit better then equivalent 12s. ive seen 2 12s in a caliber, but i havent seen a ported 2 15s box before in a caliber lol.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by winkychevelle View Post
    I know a guy that put two re xxx 18s sealed and it sounded good just not on the meter. He eventually just went to 1 18 ported it did better on the meter and moved about as much air. Btw these car rattle like a mofo I'd drop a good bit of change in sound deadener before the sub my .02
    haha i have 2 12s in a sealed box right now in mine, and it already rattlse a bit lol. im defitnally going to invest in some kind of sound deadener somewhere down the line lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List