Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: (4) 15" car subwoofer box design?? help? comments??

joe913 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: (4) 15" car subwoofer box design?? help? comments??

yeaa... that 7.9 is taking up every last inch of my trunk.. lol i have a video i took of the google sketchup plan, but it wont let me post it. its going in my dodge caliber, and the box is basically designed to go with the curves of the back of my car haha

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

oh so you are sealing it forward then.. so subs and port forward.. about 4kw should do the trick

bls
    btls
    Aqs
    Dcs
    Sundown
    etc etc..

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

Digital Designs is offline Aclministrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you have about 8 cubes NET to work with? If so, I would try to squeeze 4 12s in there. I think that would be your best bet.

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback
    Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around, LED footwells/interior lights
    DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera
    FRONT STAGE: CDT CL-51 Component Set
    FRONT STAGE AMP: MA Audio HK-398
    SUB: 2 12 inch Lightning Audio Storm X1s in 4 cubes tuned to 32hz
    SUB AMP: MTX 81000d at 0.8 ohms
    WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire, Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KyleBechtold View Post
    like I said.. goals and power.. and I would bet against that.. just saying.. depending on what subs and power of course..
    blah, endless epen battle is full of fail. I have nothing to prove by telling you other wise you won't listen anyway.

OP-

What are you max dimensions you have to work with?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have 7.9 cubic feet to work with, but that 7.9 cubic feet isnt just a normal rectangular box, which makes things a bit more dificult, i have a dodge caliber *hatchback* and the box is slanted at the back to go along with the curve of the window, and so if the back to go along with the curve of the seat. if i wanted to fit a rectangular box in there, i would get much much less volume. =/

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay, so i changed the sketchup. it now have 2 15" subs, and 7.85 cubic feet, my port is 5" X 5" and is 4 inches long. does this sound any better??

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

email me your sketchup if you can, if it is done with accurate dimensions of course. I can look it over and give you some ideas on how it will work out.

dc_creations@live.com

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

You really need more port area...like quadruple the port area. But I have a feeling you won't have enough volume after doing a larger port.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at Ryan@RAM-Designs.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RAM_Designs View Post
    You really need more port area...like quadruple the port area. But I have a feeling you won't have enough volume after doing a larger port.
    i quadrupled it from a 5 x 5 x 4 inch port to a 12 x 10 x 4 inch port? hahah i feel like such, in lack of a better word, noob. haha im just starting to get into all this, and am just now learning everything

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and i have 7.7 cubic feet left... forgot to add that to the last post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    email me your sketchup if you can, if it is done with accurate dimensions of course. I can look it over and give you some ideas on how it will work out.

dc_creations@live.com
    just sent you the sketchup =p

rosshimself13 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you need to lengthen the port as well or you will be tuned ridiculously high.. you cant just change one parameter... take a screen shot or something so that we can see what we are even talking about... i think this is going to be more than you should bite off for a first build, and i think if you had 1 15 with proper electric, enclosure, and of course a good driver you would be louder than you think.. but you may have just enough room to do a single 18 as well...

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolboomer View Post
    well the 2 round twelves are pie r square and the l7's are already square so they would hit way harder especially when your amp puts out square waves which I assume is quite often

bought from: PioneerSPL1990, galacticmonkey, Plottin4sucess, djarmy2004, michaellane, slam, k_schutte, theMessenjah44

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosshimself13 View Post
    you need to lengthen the port as well or you will be tuned ridiculously high.. you cant just change one parameter... take a screen shot or something so that we can see what we are even talking about... i think this is going to be more than you should bite off for a first build, and i think if you had 1 15 with proper electric, enclosure, and of course a good driver you would be louder than you think.. but you may have just enough room to do a single 18 as well...
    heres the pictures of the box. and yea, i know its a bit much for my first build, but i know after i build this i wont be building one for a while, so i thought i might as well just do it how i want it, like i said, go big or go home, haha.

(4) 15" car subwoofer box design?? help? comments??-2011-07-16_2100.jpg(4) 15" car subwoofer box design?? help? comments??-2011-07-16_2100_001.jpg(4) 15" car subwoofer box design?? help? comments??-2011-07-16_2101.jpg(4) 15" car subwoofer box design?? help? comments??-2011-07-16_2101_001.jpg

rosshimself13 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no!

Your doing it all wrong, if you are going to seal it off have the port and subs face the front. Those dowels would be doing very little, and i am not sure whats going on the the side of the box with the port but it would be very difficult to replicate with MDF for a beginner, and wouldnt be a good idea to have a joint right there in the middle of the box where it will see quite a bit of stress..

you should probably take some accurate measurements of the vehicle and give yourself some room to get it into your vehicle.. that box your looking at loaded with subs would probably be close to 200lbs...
    Last edited by rosshimself13; 07-17-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: wasnt very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolboomer View Post
    well the 2 round twelves are pie r square and the l7's are already square so they would hit way harder especially when your amp puts out square waves which I assume is quite often

bought from: PioneerSPL1990, galacticmonkey, Plottin4sucess, djarmy2004, michaellane, slam, k_schutte, theMessenjah44

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosshimself13 View Post
    no!

Your doing it all wrong, if you are going to seal it off have the port and subs face the front. Those dowels would be doing very little, and i am not sure whats going on the the side of the box with the port but it would be very difficult to replicate with MDF for a beginner, and wouldnt be a good idea to have a joint right there in the middle of the box where it will see quite a bit of stress..

you should probably take some accurate measurements of the vehicle and give yourself some room to get it into your vehicle.. that box your looking at loaded with subs would probably be close to 200lbs...
    im a beginner at building sub boxes and basically audio equipment in general, not at building in general. i am very good with my hands and have a whole shop setup in my garage. and i have taken accurate measurements, which is why the box is shaped the way it is, the port fits right between the two head rests of the back seat. and i know it has problems, which is why i posted it up here, because im new at this and looking for some help.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast