Closed Thread

Reload Thread: single or multiple boxes

fc3s-tyler is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

single or multiple boxes

Hey guys, I'm slapping 4 d1 12 inch subs in the hatch of my 90 rx7. I have a few designs drawn up but need to know what's better, haveing all 4 in a single porteed box, 2 in 2 sperate boxes or my first design called for 2 in single box and 2 in their own seperate boxes. The lay out will either be all 4 facing and ported up or 2 facing up and 2 facing rear with ports facing up. Any sugestions are greatly appreciated.

GeekSquad is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Re: single or multiple boxes

Single, single, single!

Multiple boxes, each with their own sub (or set of subs) will have their own tuning, peak, and rolloff frequencies because each subwoofer, box, and port are different. If you use the same port for one space, you are guaranteed to have a single tuning frequency and not two or three.

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Single, single, single!

Multiple boxes, each with their own sub (or set of subs) will have their own tuning, peak, and rolloff frequencies because each subwoofer, box, and port are different. If you use the same port for one space, you are guaranteed to have a single tuning frequency and not two or three.
    While I agree that a single box and port is better, it's certainly not difficult to make a multiple-chambered box with identical chamber volumes and tunings. I don't know why you think everything would be different.
    Last edited by RAM_Designs; 07-20-2011 at 11:24 PM.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at Ryan@RAM-Designs.com

BlactimusCrime is offline NUT HUGGERS UNITE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

if you do the 2 in 1 box and the 2 in single boxes, i would do separate chambers and ports in the 2 sub box

Quote Originally Posted by loudrc View Post
    fuck you eddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    Judge me not by what i've done but the amount of haters on my balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    you have the best user ID on teh site playa
    Refs: NateBerrier, Thegreatestpenn, mossberg385t, mfenske, plugitin, retroaudioinc, michaellane, Ge_off_me
    Feedback- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/489798-bumpinboats-feed-back-thread.html#post7273394

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fc3s-tyler View Post
    Hey guys, I'm slapping 4 d1 12 inch subs in the hatch of my 90 rx7. I have a few designs drawn up but need to know what's better, haveing all 4 in a single porteed box, 2 in 2 sperate boxes or my first design called for 2 in single box and 2 in their own seperate boxes. The lay out will either be all 4 facing and ported up or 2 facing up and 2 facing rear with ports facing up. Any sugestions are greatly appreciated.
    Are you staying in the back of the car? I fit 2 12s ported in one a year or so ago..not much room back there...been a while though I could be wrong.

Closed Thread