User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Trying to build enclosure for a 15" tc sounds tc-3000/axis quadcoil help!

mAdBuMpZ is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to build enclosure for a 15" tc sounds tc-3000/axis quadcoil help!

I am trying to make my first sub enclosure, it's for a 15" tc-3k / axis quadcoil . Just need some assistance on measurements and tuning. It's going in my 01' Acura TL's trunk.. THAnkS or just the easy way out..... if you are in los angeles area maybe you can build one for me.

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Trying to build enclosure for a 15" tc sounds tc-3000/axis quadcoil help!

I had one of the original quad coil TC-3000 15's back when they first came out about five or so years ago. I had it in 4.5ft^3 and 3.5ft^3 with the same 32hz tuning. I liked 3.5ft^3 better myself since it lowered the group delay and made the sub less muddy on quick bass lines.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran mine in 6.2@30 but 4.5@28 is optimum by mines TSP's

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

T.I.K. is offline F*ck it, we'll do it live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_phill View Post
    I ran mine in 6.2@30 but 4.5@28 is optimum by mines TSP's
    You ran a 15" in 6 cubes?!

Get taken down to funky town on MobileAudioForum.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FOURocho View Post
    You ran a 15" in 6 cubes?!
    The Axis Q1.4 is a high efficiency sub with a vas of 187L and a Qts of .38. 6 cubes is fine for it volume wise, my tuning was higher than optimum in that enclosure, 3cubes is choking it lol. Fs 23Hz and Sens is 89.7dB 1w/1m Qes was .44 BL 29.7 Xmax (fully linear) 10.8mm.
    The high inductance causes an unnatural sounding spike in output between 52 and 60Hz that needs to be eq'd out and you're good to go.

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enclosure volume is controlled by Vas and Qts, driver size has nothing to do with it (other than affecting Vas). High Vas drivers need large enclosures as do high Qts drivers. Typical SPL drivers are low/mid Q High Fs and low Vas, so 6 cubes for the typical 15" spl driver would def be a peaky SPL enclosure. There are plenty of 15's that need enclosures much larger than 6 cubes, run the parameters for an eclipse sw8000 vented 10"

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audio_phill View Post
    run the parameters for an eclipse sw8000 vented 10"
    Off the top of my head it needed something like 3.5ft^3 with a 20hz tuning. I ran mine in 1.5ft^3 at 28hz(just a box I had laying around), and you could tell it need some more volume and a lower tuning.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

Closed Thread