Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is This Port Design Ok?

24v
    24v is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is This Port Design Ok?

The ports are 2.25" each. I am wondering what will happen when they combine into a single 5.25" port after the divider. What effect will the ports joining and expanding that 3/8" each have on things?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is This Port Design Ok?

You simply have multiple transition points from higher to lower velocity. All 90 degree bends, the mouth of each individual port and the mouth of the single port. They each shift the resonant impedance to give you a specific impedance curve. That will change with each type of vehicle you put it in and where/which direction you face it. Of course, that changes with whichever drivers you choose also. At this point, its a box. Any matching pair of subs you throw in it will have a different response curve than the next matching pair of subs will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whether or not those specific velocity profile shifting points are what you will want with your particular chosen subs, that remains to be seen, since the design is not based around a particular target response in a specific vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where along the face of the twin baffles you mount the subs will also have an impact on the impedance and response curves.

surreal is offline On my katy perry sht

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would add 45s, though very little/no difference will be seen in the area transition to put it plainly.

I do stuff

Closed Thread